• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired TRADED: McGizmo McLux III PD-S

karlheinz3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have up for grabs a slate (black) aluminum McGizmo McLux III PD-S. There are a couple of tiny annodizing chips on the tail edge but otherwise this is in excellent condition with no dents, dings, or scratches. I am asking $275 shipped in the USA. Let me know who is interested in this timeless classic. TRADED to Warx23 :devil: Thanks Steve!

012fa.jpg

011ev.jpg

003bi.jpg

008qno.jpg

Last edited:

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: For Sale:McGizmo McLux III PD-S

The emmiter has been upgraded from the original.
Was this a Luxeon model that was updated with an SSC P4, or is this an original PD-S with an updated emitter?

If the latter, what replaced the original P4?

littlerm

Newly Enlightened

what emitter can you get it reanodised

karlheinz3

Flashlight Enthusiast

This was an original Luxeon model that was upgraded to a SSC-P4. You can send it in for a face lift if you want to restore it to shelf queen status. Body is void of any defects with only a tiny chip of anno on tail missing. An orange trit was installed in the tailcap. Neale...those threads are smoothe as silk especially with a little Nyogel. I use your Krytox on my titanium pieces and I LOVE IT!

Last edited:

karlheinz3

Flashlight Enthusiast

Mark I think the piston is stainless or titanium. I know the clip and bezel are titanium. I did not do the modifications as I puchased this on the USN a few weeks ago where it was listed for $300 and I did some trading for it and do not know it's pedigree only that it is a nice one in very good original condition. I have acquired several other lights since I got this one and I am after another one I want more than this highly collectable classic. I go through a bunch of lights depending on what moves my curiosity when I see it posted. Brighterisbetter taught me some bad habits and I am never satisfied no matter what I get....SICK!

littlerm

Newly Enlightened

Can it use rechargables and was the driver / currrnt modded

karlheinz3

Flashlight Enthusiast

I really don't know if this was one of the last original McLux III PD-S models or if it was converted with the Seoul P4 from the luxeon version since I was not the original owner nor do I know how to tell. Don never condoned the use of rechargeable batteries in his lights but the Seoul emmiters are capable of higher voltage input to the best of my knowledge. Perhaps a more informed member can chime in to answer the question of RCR 123's in a PD-S. I really don't know and have never used anything but Surefire primaries. :shrug:

coloradogps

Flashlight Enthusiast

From the link in Post #8 above...

This one is a new development of Wayne Yamaguchi (dat2zip) and is a buck/boost driver with a fully current regulated high and low mode. Input voltage is 2.5-6V and output voltage <6V. This means that you cannot use a LuxV , but this also implies that it is perfectly ok to run the light with any Li-Ion that meets the size-criteria of a 123-cell.

I just put a AW RCR123 in my PD-S and it works fine.

da.gee

Enlightened

I use AW RCR123 in mine and no :poof: yet. A year or so now.

dooz

Newly Enlightened

Bump for the greatests! Karl is an awesome guy to deal with (ok everybody knows this..) and this light is THE way to go for anyone on the fence for a PD! pricewise and much better in hand grip then equivalent products :whistle:

:twothumbs

warx23

Enlightened
Re: For Sale or TRADE?:McGizmo McLux III PD-S

:thumbsup: pm sent with some options.

karlheinz3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: For Sale or TRADE?:McGizmo McLux III PD-S

One time reduction before I trade this one! I prefer $ over more lights because I blew about $1200 on flashlights this week and would like to recover a little to keep the wife happy! :naughty:

St. Huck

Newly Enlightened
Re: REDUCED: McGizmo McLux III PD-S

Man! If only it were pay day! This would be the perfect first McGizmo!