kl1 color

blademan

Enlightened
Is the kl1 available in green? I would like to have another but in green. Because I NEED one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

blademan

Enlightened
Definately not crappy white pea green! Led green. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

d'mo

Enlightened
I'm quite sure SF doesn't make a green LED, but there may be some enterprising CPFers that have or may be able to mod one for you.

blademan

Enlightened
Thanks for the info. As far as modding goes, I might even go with cyan. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
KL1 only appears to be available in white, but the L1 is available in <font color="green">green</font>, <font color="blue">blue</font>,<font color="red"> red </font>and white.

Pat

Size15's

Flashaholic
Call SureFire - I think they may still have some KL1-HA and KL1-GM available in <font color="green">green</font>, <font color="blue">blue</font>,<font color="red"> red </font>and white.

Honestly guys! I expect you to be more on the ball!

Al /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Alan Hsu

Enlightened
I purchased a green KL1 a couple of weeks before. It seems considerably brighter than white KL1 at centre but with less side spill. The beam is full of rings too.

Alan Hsu

Enlightened
I got the chance to compare a number of pocket-sized 1W LS lights(white KL1, green KL1, LSH-P and LSL-P) last night as the street lights were out. The green KL1 threw considerably further than white and illuminates a tree top some 50 yards away much better.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Alan Hsu said:
I got the chance to compare a number of pocket-sized 1W LS lights(white KL1, green KL1, LSH-P and LSL-P) last night as the street lights were out. The green KL1 threw considerably further than white and illuminates a tree top some 50 yards away much better.

[/ QUOTE ]

How did the LSH-P and LSL-P compare to each other and to the white KL1?

Brightnorm

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Still even now? Mine is purple but it was one of the very first ones.

[ QUOTE ]
this_is_nascar said:
There is no such think as a white KL1. It's either purple, blue or green tinted. I've never seen one that even came close to white.

[/ QUOTE ]

aznduece

Newly Enlightened
does anyone know if surefire will replace my kl1 with a "real" white luxeon if i complain that mines gives off a purplish tint? the purple is really annoying the heck outta me.

Size15's

Flashaholic
I suggest you give SureFire a call if you are not happy with a product - this way they have a chance of helping you if they can. I don't know whether they can help by hand selecting a KL1 for you.

It's worth remembering that each person sees the tint or beam colour differently.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Al

brightnorm

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
this_is_nascar said:
There is no such think as a white KL1. It's either purple, blue or green tinted. I've never seen one that even came close to white.

[/ QUOTE ]

After receiving my eighth purple KL1 I finally realized that the quest for a white or even near-white KL1 was futile. They are now mod hosts or giveaways, though I have kept the best of the lot for my UBH which gives me at least 6 hours of regulated fairly bright tolerably un-white light.

If the Luxeon was as good as the circuit this would have been an outstanding product.

Brightnorm

Alan Hsu

Enlightened
brightnorm,

I am not sure if there's something wrong with my LSH-P or I am very sensitive to color temperature (so much so that I can't stand watching TV at friends' places for their TVs' color temperature deviates much from the NTSC standard 6300K, which I had my TV calibrated to), I always feel that my KL1s (1 green and 2 whites), with their higher color temperature are brighter than LSL-P, which is still brighter to LSH-P. The latter definitely has more throw, but there just aren't enough photons that bounce back from distant objects to my eyes.

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
brightnorm said:
If the Luxeon was as good as the circuit this would have been an outstanding product.

Brightnorm

[/ QUOTE ]

Brightnorm - I modded my last KL1 to a nice bright white HD LS and since then its one great flashlight - you might ask for someone to do the same (easy) mod for you. The trickiest part is to adjust the optics on the HD for a good beam but this seems to plaque all HD mods.

Klaus

Latest posts