Another L4 question

Turbo6

Newly Enlightened
Is this LED really that bright? Is it worth it? The brightest one LED is with a 1 watt luxeon and all the other lights I have are incadecents..

grnamin

Enlightened
I think the L4/KL4 is really very bright. I can't stare at the beam for more than a few seconds before it starts to hurt. In contrast, I could stare into the beam of a KL3 without a problem.

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened
Interesting metric you use grnamin /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

It's worth it if you think it is. All depends on your needs and expectations. It will be brighter than your 1 Watt LED, but probably won't have the throw of your incandescents.

artar

Enlightened
grnamin,

how long can you stare at the beam of an E2e with MN03 ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
more or less than the L4/KL4 ?

grnamin

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
artar said:
grnamin,

how long can you stare at the beam of an E2e with MN03 ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
more or less than the L4/KL4 ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Alas, I don't have an E2e with MN03. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I went straight to an L4. FWIW, I have a G2Z with a P61, and I can't stare at it for more than a few seconds either. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif As an aside, you know your flashlight is really bright if you can get a cat to squint when you flash 'em. In the Philippines, there are a lot of stray cats and I would test my lights by flashing cats. Thus far, only the Surefire P60 and up have been able to make cats squint.

Darell

Flashaholic
Turbo -

Just for sake of comparison - a 5W LED is actually four 1W chips stock right next to each other. Yes, there is a BIG difference between 1W and 5W. And the reflector just makes the beam LOVELY. Like nothing you've seen before. Kinda like the McFlood with on serious steroids, and with a throwing center spot.

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
grnamin said:
Thus far, only the Surefire P60 and up have been able to make cats squint.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must have wuss cats over there, I hit a cat with my M6 HOLA and did not even get a flinch. Fresh batteries too.

Size15's

Flashaholic
My cat is used to having lights shone in her eyes. She just gives me this "get the light out of my face you fool... kinda look.

Al

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Turbo6, there's no comparisons between a 1W and the KL4... Maybe only that they're both Luxeons, but that's it...