L4 now or E2E with KL4 later??

E2E4ME

Newly Enlightened
I have just been reading over posts on the L4 flashlight, and it sounds like an excellent product. How long is this light in comparison to the E2E. Will the E2E with a KL4 head be the same thing as the L4?? Also, what is the lifespan of the LED in the L4 and KL4??

WaltH

Enlightened
The L4 is the same as an E2e with KL4 bezel and Z57 clickie switch.

The stated lifespan of the 5 Watt Luxeon is 1000 hours.

The L4 is going to be a bit longer than the E2e...but not enough to make a difference in pocketability.

Mine arrives at home tomorrow...I hope I'm there to see it.

Bright_Guy

Newly Enlightened
I would go with the L4, since it also has the Z57 tail cap. It looks like right now, and possibly for a while, the KL4 and Z57 will cost you just about as much as the L4. It all depends on whether you prefer the standard tail cap or the Z57.

shrap

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
artar said:
i would also go with the L4. With the L4 you get a KL4 (around 99$), a E2e body ($$?) and a Z57 clickie (lots of $$).

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that KL4 cost just a guess, or has Surefire stated their MSRP for it?

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
SureFire hasn't stated that the lifespan of the LS is 1000 hours, but since Lumileds hasn't stated that the lifespan of their 5Wers have ever changed, there's little reason to believe that SF can increase/decrease that number...

emann

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
FalconFX said:
SureFire hasn't stated that the lifespan of the LS is 1000 hours, but since Lumileds hasn't stated that the lifespan of their 5Wers have ever changed, there's little reason to believe that SF can increase/decrease that number...

[/ QUOTE ] So I assume after 1000 hours you have to buy another KL4? What if mine dies at 750 hours? It'd be hard to keep up with that for the warranties sake.

N162E

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
keithhr said:
I would like to know as well how long is the KL4 is compared to the E2E? Anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]
Looks like everyone is having too much fun with their L4s to measure them for us!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif

Josh

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't have to worry about shock induced lamp death. The KL4 is way more resistant than the incand bezel.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since it's under "lifetime" warranty, who knows... If the LS craps out on you before 1000 hours (if you could even keep track of 1000 hours worth of use), just get it replaced under the warranty...

SUREFARC

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Size15s said:
Have SureFire stated that the lifespan of their 5 Watt Luxeons in the KL4 is 1000 hours?

Thanks

Al

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess they'd better not. So one day they can silently replace these with those of 50k hour lifespan right? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif