Looking at a couple new EDC lights, looking for input on them

GrimCreaper

Newly Enlightened
As the title suggests, im looking for a new EDC light to replace my Maratac AAA (still works, might be selling to a friend if i find a newer light i like). The main 3 i am looking at currently are the Nitecore EX10 and EZ123 or the iTP A1 EOS. My main concern currently is price. I would prefer it to be under $30.00 shipped if possible, or very slightly over if need be due to my really tight budget.

The reason i am considering the EX10 or EZ123 models are mostly due to seeing a discount code for 4sevens on nitecore products, and if it is still active i will most likely go with the EX10 due to the massive number of variable features on it. The run times are a little to be desired compared to the A1 EOS, but i would gladly sacrifice a some brightness and runtime for the more features provided on the EX model. the 123 is another choice just for shear simplicity.
new edit: i see that the discount code (50%) is only for the EZ123's which has me a little sad.. but the 25% works on the standard EX10.. i may have to suck it up a little and expand my price. Digging for change to get a flashlight, never would i have thought about this before.

The A1 EOS looks to be an amazing light, the run times Low 1.8 lm (150 Hrs) Med 35 lm (8 Hrs) High 190 lm (1.6 Hrs) and brightness combined have me almost sold. (stats are from going gears site.)

I love my Maratac for what it is and what it provides. the color of the led is something i hadnt seen before, pretty odd but i like it alot. It is very simplistic with 3 easy modes to switch between which is nice. the really-low low is a bit to low for me, but i still like it. Simplicity is why i got it but i am more open to a complex design now.

My only concern regarding the ex10 are the 2 models, the standard verse the R2 edition. Are there any differences between the 2 aside from the 15 extra lumens on high for the R2 model? anyone who has either, care to tell me how the color is on the LEDs?
edit: i didnt see the SP edition.. the hidden strobes are interesting and i would consider that one as well.

If anyone has an idea to throw at me in terms of other good EDC lights, by all means do so :)

Last edited: