VW Touareg includes rechargeable mini-flashlight

6pOriginal

Enlightened
Re: VW Touareg includes rechargeable mini-flashlig

As far as I remember, my friend's 1996 BMW 318i also have a rechargeable mini flashlight in the glove compartment, it's only a dim tiny light, but it's a pretty cool feature. I think the other BMWs have that as well.

RY3

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
6pOriginal said:
...it's only a dim tiny light, but it's a pretty cool feature.

[/ QUOTE ]

At least it is brighter than the built-in led on the master key, doesn't it? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

DieselDave

Super Moderator,

I sold a Touareg today on e-bay (first one). I haven't looked for the torch yet, hmmmmmm. Don't know when the customer will come pick it up, hmmmmm. Just kidding about the evil thoughts but I will check out the torch tomorrow.

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've seen inexpensive rechargeable flashlights in auto parts stores that look like a cigarette lighter plug with a light on one end. They never seemed very interesting to me. I would be surprised if the VW light were anything better than that.

iddibhai

Enlightened

bmws have a mini rechargable flashlight in the glovebox AND the key has a coil cell powered LED /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened

It's all just a marketing ploy to snag flashaholics.

Of course you would have bragging rights on a $20,000+ flashlight! Not to mention that truely unique 4-wheel holster that comes with it.