Fenix Outfitters        

Thread: I lost my light.......

Default I lost my light.......

I lost my HDS EDC U60 (modded with SSC P4). I've looked and looked. I can't find it. It has been in my pocket since the light came out. Now, I'm on the look out for a new pocket light. So, what is out there that is similar in function and form and with as good or better quality and ruggedness? I would prefer cr123 with the ability to use rechargeable cells. Price should stay under $300.

Thanks

Nate

Default Re: I lost my light.......

Hi, Nate. Sorry to hear that you lost your HDS light. Hope it turns up soon.
    Retired engineer, author. Running Linux.

Flashaholic

if you already had an HDS why not get another? I have the 170 tac and it is a great light. I also have a EDC 120 and it is also a great light. If you are looking for something "different" take a look at the jetbeam rrt-0. I just got it and it is the same great build quality and brite as hell.

Chef

I thought about getting another HDS. I was just going to see what else was available.

+1 for the 170 Tac clicky - Mine's the Ti version and with the clip now added (which just arrived today - thanks Chip you are an amazing craftsman!) it is the most durable, most usable pocket rocket that I own. If it's not clipped inside the pocket of my jeans, my Nitecore Extreme is. Also a fantastic light, and available with a number of LED options if you want to get just the right output/ tint characteristics for your needs.

I would love to be able to recommend a Nitecore SR3 running on a single CR123A but unfortunately I haven't got mine yet and from what I've read it's a much better light when running on an 18650 with the extension tube. Hopefully (and probably) still a fantastic little light on a single 123A and honestly I've never seen a Nitecore light that wasn't built and finished to perfection. They really stand apart from some other manufacturers when it comes to build quality and finishing
    I now own too many lights to list in my signature! My current EDC favourites are a Nitecore SRT3 and Olight S1R.

i believe its better to have several good lights then 1 great 1.

if you lose your 1 light?

if you lose one of your several lights, you just reach for the next.

many many excellent high performance well made reliable 123 based lights available for $50-$70

buy a bunch of em

http://www.light-reviews.com/reviews_cr123.html
    If and when the the big dookie hits the fan, and global chaos ensues, i want a couple of quality AA lights within reach.

I hope you find the light soon.

From what I recall, the Liteflux LF3X or XT has a similar UI to the Novatac, and also has a smooth beam, so it could be an option.

Don't get me wrong, I have plenty of other lights. But my HDS EDC U60 was THE LIGHT. Right now I'm carrying my E2L (single mode 9hr runtime version). Which is a fine light, but no HDS.

Flashaholic*

Don't settle you know you want another HDS you can't substitute for the best. Just do it! Order up. Keep in mind you got about 3 years to look for the light before all hope is lost and the battery gives up on the locator flash.

Hopefully the lost light will turn up, but whatever light you get to replace it, put a lanyard on it.

I have lost my HDS Ultimate XR (P4 modded) twice and my Basic 60 GT (also P4 modded) once. The Ultimate turned up one time after 6 months under a bed at a friends cabin we visited - he called one day with the news he had found a nice flashlight...

I have many newer wiz-bang lights, but the HDS's are still the best, most flexible, and most durable I've got. Oh, sure, you might find a something marginally brighter than a P4 modded HDS, but not a quantum leap brighter by any means.

I hope you do find it, but in the meantime I'd be on the lookout for a used one (just not one of mine) and do the same P4 mod we did on ours.

OK, maybe I'd give you a good price on my P4 USVOH Basic 60 GT if you insist. I've got too many lights not being used as it is.

John F

I just lost one of my light too! And not just any light, the SureFire Titan T1A. Now I know how you guys feel when you lose a light and post about it.

I've looked everywhere, twice. I hope whoever finds it appreciates it and not toss it aside thinking it is a M@g solitare.

Still hoping it turns up...

Oh, the HDS is an awesome light and hope you find it soon.
    TWO is ONE and ONE is NONE, but THREE is more FUN.
    My beamshot gallery

On the lanyard suggestion, its actually my own fault that I lost. The battery was all but dead and I set it someplace..........I don't know if my 2 year old got ahold of it after that or I just don't remember where I put it, but, I have no idea where it is. I do know, it is somewhere in my house.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I think a new HDS just might be for me.

For ideas about where you might have left the flashlight, check out the article How to Find Lost Objects.

Ha, I found it. I think I need to clean more. I decided over the weekend that I would start really cleaning and maybe it would turn up. So, now I have light back, and a happy wife.

Yay!

I'm glad you found your light. Was a relief that must be.

Quote Originally Posted by clipse View Post
    Ha, I found it. I think I need to clean more. ...
    Congratulations!

Woo!

^^Click for my beamshots!!^^ My Flashlights