warm XP-G

Jason_Tx

Newly Enlightened
Just found this online

"This establishes a new level of performance for LEDs," said Paul Thieken, Cree director of marketing, LED components. "We now deliver lighting-class efficacy at 1A drive current. In addition, we have begun offering limited samples of an S2 flux bin, providing up to 400 lumens at 1A. We target availability of XP-G neutral and warm white LED samples by end of calendar 2009."

Found it Here just ctrl + F for warm .. it'll be the first one

recDNA

Flashaholic
I just posted in the Quark thread I was anxiously awaiting such a bin! Now how long before big manufacturers USE it?

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
While I do look forward to 400lumens @ 1A, I'd say it'll be at least a couple months before we see them available in quantity enough for the bleeding edge manufacturers to make light with them. But I hope I'm wrong.

As for neutral and XP-Gs before the end of the year... well I can only hope. And then of course hope that the manufacturers don't blow the neutral tints off like many of them have for the past year-and-a-half. :shrug:

Ajay

Enlightened
Just found this online

"This establishes a new level of performance for LEDs," said Paul Thieken, Cree director of marketing, LED components. "We now deliver lighting-class efficacy at 1A drive current. In addition, we have begun offering limited samples of an S2 flux bin, providing up to 400 lumens at 1A. We target availability of XP-G neutral and warm white LED samples by end of calendar 2009."

Found it Here just ctrl + F for warm .. it'll be the first one

Yes I noticed this a while back. Neutral and warm light lovers rejoice! I can't wait for a D10 PD with a neutral XPG.:hitit:
That would totally rock. It's amazing how much light can come out of a AA sized light these days. This LED tech is progressing nicely. Almost too fast for some people's wallets!:broke:

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
if battery tech doesn't catch up soon, we'll have overly powerful flashlights and underpowered batteries to power them. :p

Why does battery tech have to catch up when these LED's are becoming more efficient and can put out more light with less battery power? :p

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great news!

Looking forward to replacing quite a few Seouls with these:thumbsup: