AA flashlight

stacy

Newly Enlightened
I need some general opinions on 2 lights. I have looked at the reviews as well. I am trying to decide between 2 lights. I am looking at the Terralux220 and the ITP c8. Anyone with personal experience I would greatly appreciate ur opinions. Any info. on the throw or flood profile of the beam are needed.

shark_za

Enlightened
The iTP C8 is a bit of a thrower in beam profile.
Its not great for close up work at all.

When ramped down to the lowest levels the side spill is almost not there and you are working with a narrow little dot of light.

I like it a lot as a night time defence light though.
I have the tactical one and I doubt the standard has a different beam profile.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Ok, out of those two lights, neither one should have a wide hotspot, because of the larger reflector, so I'd go with the iTP because of the adjustable output.

stacy

Newly Enlightened
i am looking to stay around 50 dollars or under. i want something to carry out in the woods at night that has decent throw. I do a lot of night time nature video. So, it would be for strictly outside in the woods. Would not be used inside at all.

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
strictly for outdoors use i would suggest some of the warm tint flashlights.

(ok but 47s sells their white tinted r2 led quarks for about 50 dollars and under.. with cpf8 discount redeemcode.)

and there are few warm tint quark 2AAs in goinggear if i recall right.

and then there is the cheap flashlight with only one mode, romisen n3 for 25 or so from shiningbeam and goinggear.

itp c8t is one of my around the house flashlights. it is really narrow beam but the rampup and down is very easy to use. and the tint is very white. so in natures grens etc it makes things look bluish and eerie in my mind. thats why i like the warm tinted flashlights.

one more to think. eagletac p100a2 warm tint version too. it might be little above the 50 budget tho.