looking to buy a new light

fenix-rules

Newly Enlightened
hey guys havent been on here in a month or so(mostly because i haven't had the money to buy a new light) i recently came into some money, about 75 bucks and man is it burning a hole in my pocket. i know how knowledgeable you guys are and you have helped me make great purchases in the past so i really want your help in making this decision.
i am looking for a light that:
under 80 bucks
Runs on AA batteries
has decent throw
and is upwards of 150 lumens

i am really looking at the Fenix L2D0 the one with the pocket clip but i am very very open to suggestions looking to make a great buy so please make suggestions on lights that you own or brands that you have experience with.
thanks again guys lovecpf

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I wouldn't just look at the lumen output, though 4sevens' output ratings are quite accurate, The XP-G will give a wider beam because of the larger die.

I'd say go for the Quark Turbo AA^2.

fenix-rules

Newly Enlightened
hmmm these are all good suggestions, looks like the quark AA^2 is the most popular how does it compare to the D20 OR LD20(longer runtime on high)

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is your light more for indoor or outdoor use? If outdoors, i'd recommend the Fenix TK20, its a tank of a light! Check out the TK20 Freeze Test.

I own one of these and it's going to be my go-to light in case of emergencies. 1hr 15 minutes on max and close to 9 hours on low(general) mode? Good enough for me. There is a review here and it is available from 4sevens for $52.93 before using the CPF8 discount code, after which i think it should be $48.90 which is what i paid for it.

There's a whole load of videos of the TK20 which helped me make up my mind to get this tank!

fenix-rules

Newly Enlightened
wow really good question hyper, this light will be used heavily outdoors for hunting fishing and camping(my TK 10 was overkill).

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
Is your light more for indoor or outdoor use? If outdoors, i'd recommend the Fenix TK20, its a tank of a light! Check out the TK20 Freeze Test.

I own one of these and it's going to be my go-to light in case of emergencies. 1hr 15 minutes on max and close to 9 hours on low(general) mode? Good enough for me. There is a review here and it is available from 4sevens for $52.93 before using the CPF8 discount code, after which i think it should be $48.90 which is what i paid for it.

There's a whole load of videos of the TK20 which helped me make up my mind to get this tank!

+1 on the TK20. It is a proven top quality light.

fenix-rules

Newly Enlightened
still need help deciding the front runners are

(no particular order)

Fenix L2D0(with the pocketclip)
EagleTac P100A2

Quark AA²
Fenix TK20
Nitecore D20

could someone point me in the right direction based on experience i want something that will be durable and wont fail me when i need it the most.

Last edited:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
With maintenance, none of those lights should fail quickly. The Tk20 would feel the toughest, and also be the biggest.

I'd say try out the Quark.

fenix-rules

Newly Enlightened
ok im pretty much sold on the quark however im planning to buy the light from amazon(i have some credit there), if problems arise in the flashlight do you believe that contacting 4sevens would be appropriate?

Hack On Wheels

Enlightened
P100A2 would be my choice (based on my experience with it) if you can get it with a neutral emitter.

Otherwise, the TK20 sounds like it would be a great light for the application.

I would really recommend that you don't get anything "cool white" for your intended uses.

fenix-rules

Newly Enlightened
i was seriously considering that one as well its about 20 dollars cheaper than than the fenix or the quark and supposedly brighter than the fenix and a contender with the quark with a longer runtime. how long is the eagletac?

fenix-rules

Newly Enlightened
also would you edc these lights? there are measurements online, but you really cant appreciate a light until its in your hands, thanks for the help guys!