How do you carry small lights?

dougmccoy

Enlightened
I wonder how you guys carry small flashlights? I carry two EDC's on my duty belt. The E2e incandescent is in a custom concealex rig and the CMG Ultra in a short leather holster.

I hope that those of you who have access to a camera can post pics of your favourite carry options?

Doug

Please follow the links to my pics!
www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4289843621

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd just drop them into the nearest and open pocket I can find...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

pahl

Enlightened
This is what works best for my EDC. Surefire G2-BK and a Leatherman ST200 in a LM Wave sheath. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
G2leatherman.jpg

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
My EDC (for now) is the BB400 Q3L/minimag/McFlood/Kroll,
I strap it to my belt with the stock minimag nylon holder, it works and came with the light. In a few weeks, my MicroIlluminator will be in my hot little hands /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif It will then be put on a clip and attached to a belt loop.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
My EDC is LSH-P & Leatherman Juice in Rip-Off nylon holsters

listed for use with E1e.

A2 with Rip-Off holster for G2.

I tried a few before I found any that I was satisfied with.

The E1e/Kl1 is a little to long for the E1e holster.

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
C2 in a Sidearmor Kydex holster when I need to wear it on my belt. My EDC, an LSH-P with one of my lanyards carried in a nylon belt sheath of my own manufacture (similar to the Arc belt sheath but with a smaller belt loop). Arc AAA LE or AAA Turquoise around my neck on one of my lanyards (available here in non-lights B/S/T). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
arc just goes in my pocket, and the C2 usually goes in a haversack if i'm carrying one. if not, i clip it to the inside of my left pocket. i haven't decided how to carry my new M3 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

electronics4life

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
pahl said:
This is what works best for my EDC. Surefire G2-BK and a Leatherman ST200 in a LM Wave sheath. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
G2leatherman.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

What holster is your G2 in? Where did you get it?
Thank you.

paulr

Flashaholic
I'd feel silly with a flashlight on my belt in any kind of holster. I usually just stick it in my pocket. An Arc LS fits nicely in the watch pocket of my blue jeans, and is easy to pull out without fumbling for it. For pants with no watch pocket, the McLux pocket clip works just fine. Or for lights with no clip, I just drop them in my pocket and I have to fish around for them to pull them out. It's just not a big problem. These are just LED lights and I'm not planning on blinding any grizzly bears or other attackers with them. Taking an extra second or two to find it in my pocket is no big deal.

Tomas

Banned

Plus Arc AAA 3.1 on lanyard 'round neck 24/7 and a Photon II on my keychain. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

(There are usually other lights close by too. For example, right now on-board my wheelchair is an Arc LS, an Inova 24/7, an Arc AAA UV, and my Dopalec (Dorcy/Opalec). Within arm's length are a Craftsman lead/acid rechargable spot and a *agLite 2D.)

paulr

Flashaholic
WHERE did you get THAT?!!! I thought I knew where all of them were. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tomas

Banned
"THAT" has been living happily and very quietly in western Washington, about 40 miles SSW of Seattle ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

T_sig6.gif

gyverpete

Enlightened
I 24/7 carry an ARC-AAA and a Photon II yellow on a 1/16" nylon paracord lanyard. The ARC is shrink tubed to keep it from chewing up the Photon and SAK (which also hangs next to it).

I EDC the ARC-LS w/twisty and elastic-cord finger-lanyard in a homemade cordura & lexan belt holster with safety retainer.

fb973685.jpg

pahl

Enlightened
I have also stitch my right front pocket to creat two pockets. This stitch devides the pocket up in probly a 1/3 and 2/3 sections. This way I can carry my E2e in my right front pocket in the 1/3 section. It stay's vertical and to the rear in my right front pocket. My keys still fit in the 2/3 section and coins in the coin pocket. This is maybe to much information /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Sorry, no photo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

pahl

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
electronics4life said:
pahl, where did you get the sheath that you posted carrying your G2?

[/ QUOTE ]

The G2 sheath is a old AA maglite holster. It is about 15 years old. It is shorter then the AA maglite hoster's I see maglite selling now.
I soaked the hoster in water and then used a couple of sockets to stretch it to size. I then left the G2 in the damp hoster and set it over a air register to let it dry over night.

The holster for the E2e-HA is also a maglite holster that was soaked and stretched. It was a preaty tight fit without stretching it. I just used the E2e-HA to stretch it as I did not have to stretch it much.