Slackers Unite....Tomorrow!

LEDobsession

Enlightened
This summer I came across a sport I had never before seen, except in the circus on a much more dangerous condition. What Im talking about is the art and sport of SlackLining. It requires great skill - in many aspects, a few of which are balance, agility, and concentration. This is basically like walking on a tightrope, like I mentioned from the circus. You use a somewhat thicker line (I, as well as most use 1" tubular webbing) in between 2 trees or poles. You set up a tensioner system using a series of carabiners or come-alongs to tighten the line, then jump on and become addicted. It really is a lot of fun to do on a warm summers day in the park or at home. I usually attract a lot of attention and meet a lot of people through it.

I was just wondering if anyone else here enjoys the sport and if so, throw on some pics.

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
Used to do it in my rock climbing days, to work on my balance.

Check out the movie "Man on Wire" - it's about a French guy who did a high wire walk from the tops of the Twin Towers. Amazing movie. It also shows him slack lining in the movie.

:thumbsup: john

LEDobsession

Enlightened
Used to do it in my rock climbing days, to work on my balance.

Check out the movie "Man on Wire" - it's about a French guy who did a high wire walk from the tops of the Twin Towers. Amazing movie. It also shows him slack lining in the movie.

:thumbsup: john

Knew there had to be someone....

Ill check that out. Sounds interesting. :thumbsup:

LEDobsession

Enlightened

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tried it once. A friend in our church youth group set it up between two palm trees at the beach on a youth group trip during the summer. I think I got to about four steps before I fell off. While this is a relatively safe sport since you're only maybe 4 feet off the ground, it still has it's dangers. If you fall, make sure that both legs fall to the same side. There's nothing more painful in this sport to a guy than falling with one leg on each side and having a stiff strap hit you in the groin before you tip over sideways and land upside down on your head.

LEDobsession

Enlightened
I tried it once. A friend in our church youth group set it up between two palm trees at the beach on a youth group trip during the summer. I think I got to about four steps before I fell off. While this is a relatively safe sport since you're only maybe 4 feet off the ground, it still has it's dangers. If you fall, make sure that both legs fall to the same side. There's nothing more painful in this sport to a guy than falling with one leg on each side and having a stiff strap hit you in the groin before you tip over sideways and land upside down on your head.

Yeah, I havent had a problem with the straddle fall, but, when you fall, its easy to catch a toe on the line with a snap. That hurts. Bad. Although I haven't tried it, High Lining looks to be fun, but also very dangerous unless accompanied with a safety line and harness.