• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: empty LED tower for Surefire M3T/M4/M6/KT1/KT2/KT4 head(accept 17mm driver)

NetKidz

Enlightened
(The previous thread is at: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/231238)

Feb 8 Updated: Still busy on company work. I'm still slow in response of mail/PM. But I usually ship your order in 2 days when I get PP notice mail. BTW, Feb 12~21 will be long Chinese New Year holidays and the Post Office will be closed. I'll stop shipping at that period. Thanks.

UPDATED Dec.20: Just Check X'mas and New Year Surprise if you're interested. :santa:

------------------
For sale: empty LED tower for Surefire M3T/M4/M6/KT1/KT2/KT4 head (Accept 17mm driver board)

TH-tower.jpg

It's black anodized and could take 17mm diameter driver board. The driver height should be about 6mm including PCB. Higher is also okay but you'll need to fix the driver board by glue or something.

It's for LuxIII, LuxV. I didn't test K2, but it sould works. SSC P4 also works. XP-G on 2mm thick MCPCB also works.

Each set comes with one empty tower, one outer spring and positive contact spring.

I have 20 sets available now. (As of post #21)
Price: US$22 each
Shipping: US$2.5 for first set, add $0.5 for each additional.

They will be shipped worldwide via registered airmail. Trackable but not insured. Shipping with insurance is optional at buyer's expense. I couldn't be responsible for item lost or damage in transit if not insured. If you want insurance, please let me know your country and I'll figure out if it's available and the additional charge.

I accept PayPal payment only. No eCheck payment since it'll need over one month to clear. Here's my PayPal address (No PP fees):
cc @ miyu . tw
(please remove the spaces)
*If you're using bank funded payment or PayPal cash/balance*, please choose "Personal Payment" and include your shipping info in the PayPal note or PM me your address. If PayPal want to charge you fees, don't check "I'll pay the fee" and I'll pay the fees.

Please remember to include you CPF ID and quantity in PayPal note.

Thanks. :D

==== order list ====
tx101, 2 pcs, Payment received, Shipped on 11/24
Direct payment for 3pcs, Shipped on 12/2
white light, 2pcs, Payment received, Shipped on 12/07
leukos, 1pcs, Payment received, Shipped on 12/07
donn_, 2pcs, Payment received, Shipped on 12/07
monanza, 1pcs, Payment received, Shipped on 12/21
Justin Case, 1pcs, Payment received, Shipped on 12/21
donn_, 1pcs, Payment received, Shipped on 12/21
csadzuki, 1pcs, Payment received, Shipped on 12/21
csadzuki, 1pcs, Payment received, Shipped on 1/19

Last edited:

NetKidz

Enlightened
Here's the install instruction: (XP-G for example)

TH-tower-qig01.jpg

1. Prepare your 17mm driver board and solder the positive/negative LED wire. Solder the included positive spring.

2. Put the board into the tower and pull out the LED wire from the two hole at the top of the tower. Apply some screw glue or thermal glue. (Don't use epoxy unless you don't want to open it again. :) )

TH-tower-qig02.jpg

3. Push the board into the tower and wait the glue to cure.

4. Solder the outer spring for negative contact.

TH-tower-qig03.jpg

5. Apply thermal glue/epoxy on the flat top.

6. Put the LED on the top and wait the thermal glue to cure. Solder the LED wire.

============
Here's a comparison my co-worker made. He doesn't know the SSC P4's bin code, the P4 is bought in early days. I guess it's from the U bin which doesn't break into U1/U2. Both P4 and XP-G R5 are driving around 1A and using KT1.

TH-tower-p4xpg01.jpg

TH-tower-p4xpg02.jpg

Last edited:

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's black anodized and could take 17mm diameter driver board. The driver height should be about 6mm including PCB. Higher is also okay but you'll need to fix the driver board by glue or something.

If users plan to use the KD1640 1A buck driver, I measured the driver height to be 6.22mm. Thus, the board definitely needs a little glue to fix it in place in the driver cavity of the tower. The board is just a little too tall the snap into place in the tower.

NetKidz

Enlightened
If users plan to use the KD1640 1A buck driver, I measured the driver height to be 6.22mm. Thus, the board definitely needs a little glue to fix it in place in the driver cavity of the tower. The board is just a little too tall the snap into place in the tower.

Thanks again for your explanation. :)

NetKidz

Enlightened
white light,
leukos,
donn_,

Towers shipped on 12/07 morning. If you didn't get the tracking number, please let me know.

Due to large mail volume every Dec., it may be slower than usual to arrive.

Thanks. :)

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
XP-Gs on 2mm (nominal) thick MCPCBs (as shown by NetKidz in Post #2) can be mounted on the tower directly and will be at the proper focus height for an SF TH. If you have an XP-G on a 1mm (nominal) thick MCPCB, then you need to add a shim to raise up the LED die. For example:

NetkidztowerXP-GR4KD16402.jpg

NetkidztowerwithXP-GR4on8mmMCPCB.jpg

If you look carefully, I cut notches into the MCPCB so that the orange and gray hookup wires can stay in-close to the tower, providing enough clearance for the wires when inserting the tower into the TH to avoid excessive abrasion.

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
One (1) empty tower kit, $22.50 + $2.50 shipping
One set of Type A and B black CR2 body, $10
Total, $35.00

Thank you.

:paypal:

NetKidz

Enlightened
monanza,
Justin Case,
donn_,
csadzuki,

Tower and CR2 set shipped on 12/21 morning. Please check your PP e-mail for the tracking number. If you didn't get it, please let me know.

csadzuki

Newly Enlightened
monanza,
Justin Case,
donn_,
csadzuki,

Tower and CR2 set shipped on 12/21 morning. Please check your PP e-mail for the tracking number. If you didn't get it, please let me know.

Got 'em today! :whistle: These CR2 bodies are much smaller and 'cuter' than they appear in the picture. :) Thanks a lot and Happy Holidays! :party: