EagleTac vs Olight???

Ace12

Enlightened
I have been looking at the EWagletac P20C2 and the Olight M20. Anyone have both and could give me a comparison review? I would love to see beamshot comparison. I am also up for any other recommendations in this size, brightness, runtime, and price range.

Ace12

Enlightened
Oh. I would also like a recommendation on a good floody light of this size too. Thanks Fellas.

Konad

Newly Enlightened
Do you mean the T20C2 or the P20C2. The T20 looks like the M20. The P20 is much smaller. I have all three. I like the M20 over the T20C2. Seems like better build quality. Now the P20C2 will probably out throw both of them. The build is decent on it too. No beamshots yet. :shakehead

Konad

Newly Enlightened
Are you sure about that? :thinking: Light-reviews.com shows lux readings:

T20C2: 15360
M20: 13010
P20C2: 9180

By the numbers, no, I am not sure. Just my opinion from an uncontrolled visual observation. Probably due to the more concentrated beam. On that same note, the M20 looks to have more flood. That could be due to the OP reflector. :eek:

stallion2

Enlightened
of all my lights if i could only keep one it would be my M20. its tough as nails and not bulky. it has great throw w/ the OP and the SMR (obviously a little better w/ the SMR) but the OP is more practical, more user friendly in close. might as well get both if you opt for the M20. i don't own any EagleTacs but here is what i do know...

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=200875

4sevens chose to drop them cause of quality control issues. this thread outta give you a good idea as to how they performed. just checked the site, looks they got rid of them all...they were doing a 40% clearance.

DigMe

Enlightened
The P20C2 that I have has pretty poor anodizing quality that has chipped off in little spots pretty quickly. Also, the strobe activates WAY too easily. The upside is it's very small and very bright for the price.

I don't have an Olight but based on what I've heard I think the Olight is probably going to be better quality.

brad

DigMe

Enlightened
Do you mean the T20C2 or the P20C2. The T20 looks like the M20. The P20 is much smaller. I have all three. I like the M20 over the T20C2. Seems like better build quality. Now the P20C2 will probably out throw both of them. The build is decent on it too. No beamshots yet. :shakehead

Are you sure about that? :thinking: Light-reviews.com shows lux readings:

T20C2: 15360
M20: 13010
P20C2: 9180

I also can't imagine that the P20C2 would outthrow the T20C2 with it's larger reflector. My P20C2 actually appears to have about the same throw as my T100C2 which has lower lumen rating but the same sized head as the T20C2.

brad

Painful Chafe

Enlightened
As far as EagleTAC's quality, I have owned 3 with "0" problems. The T20C2 I had with the OP reflector was a great light. I don't have a M20, but I do have an Olight M21 and M30 and based on these two light I would say the T20C2's quality is right up there. If you do go with the EagleTAC, get the OP reflector.

DigMe

Enlightened
Another quality issue with my P20C2 is that the clip popped off very easily and was permanently loose after that. Finally it fell off again and I couldn't find it. Bummer.

brad

lebox97

Enlightened
^^ hmm, the clips are usually pretty tight in my experience... PM me your address and I'll send you a new one...
:)

I just updated the Neutral LED Beam pics on my side-by-side comparison - so if anyone is looking to compare output between the EagleTac's - see my sig link.

Cheers
Tod

Konad

Newly Enlightened
I just realized the T20C2 I was comparing to the P20C2 has the neutral white emitter. Could be the reason for the reduced output. I stand corrected. Thanks.

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
you can never go wrong with the M20. its easily the light that i use the most at home and at work. if you want a floodier beam then go with the M21 though.

Ace12

Enlightened
The light I have right now is a Fenix P3D with the Cree Q3. How will the beam on the M20 or M21 compare?

Painful Chafe

Enlightened
The M20 is more of a thrower. Tighter, much brighter hot spot and spill is narrower. The M21 has a similar beam as the P3D, but much brighter.

Ace12

Enlightened
The M20 is more of a thrower. Tighter, much brighter hot spot and spill is narrower. The M21 has a similar beam as the P3D, but much brighter.

Thanks, that helps out alot. I like the P3D beam so the M21 would be a better choice for me. How is the tint on the M21?

Hacken

Enlightened
the T20C2 isn't that bad but the cigar ring on mine is already starting to peel off and i just got it for less then a week now only. like i said... it doesn't seem that durable in built but i guess i'll see how the days goes by.