• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: SPY005 SOLD

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am going to reduce pricing based on input and due to scratches to SOLD$525,SOLD incl shipping and insurance Conus and if if doesn't sell by midnight tonight, will Wednesday Nov. 25, I will withdraw.

#022 Spy 005, Chrome, purchased new and upgraded with new board.
by data2zip here
There are slight scratches that can be seen in pix. Low setting is set to very low lumens for night use and all levels can be changed on board. Beam is white and very bright on high...the rotary switch and long battery life make this light very unique; I prefer the Alum version as it is lighter that the marvelous 007 Ti

First to post "I'll take it" in this thread...
Paypal preferred, Conus USPS Priority, insured. PM for overseas
396605597_peQ6f-M.jpg

396605715_nR9tM-M.jpg

396605731_J5Dpe-M.jpg

396605693_ehTNY-M.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: SPY005 (priced and I apologize)

Data' reply from this thread click here
if you go to the thread and scroll down, the procedure to change levels is explained.

at2zip's New Converter Board

I am not shy or humble about the new STFu board. Wayne has created the perfect converter board for the SPY and I am very excited about it. We spent well over six months in the development of this board (about 1.5 man years total) and that is nearly unprecedented. It has some impressive upgrades over the old board:

1) even in the tiny SPY it can run full power (1000mA) at 100% duty cycle.

2) more efficient than the old DB board and so uses less of the battery power and produces less heat.

3) does not flicker when changing power levels. even if you move the switch very slow it holds the current level till the uP sees the next switch state.

4) through a special mode accessed by removing the battery, the user can adjust the power levels. the intent here is that only a moderate change should be made from the current factory levels of 2mA, 30mA, 100mA, 250mA, 500mA and 1000mA. Some of the testers have made drastic changes to the levels and it has worked. There are software limits imposed on all the power levels; level 1 [ off to 100 mA ], level 2 and level 3 [~5 mA to 100mA] level 4 to level 6 [~50mA to 1250 mA].

5) power level one is a voltage source level and can be adjusted all the way down till the LED appears off. it can be lowered till the LED light can not be seen unless you are in a dark room and look directly into the reflector. It is dim even when compared with a micro tritium vial. In a pitch black room this is a fun thing to play with.

6) power level 6 can be adjusted up to ~1250mA, this would shorten the LED lifespan and consume a larger amount of battery power but the light output would be high. Duty cycle is TBD up here.

7) once the user levels are set the uP EEPROM saves the data and it never needs to be redone, even if the battery is removed or drains completely.

8) there is a mode to easily revert the power states back to factory settings.

9) there is a new screw attachment method for holding the board in the light that will make it easier for modders to break the light down and therefor upgrade to newer LEDs in the future.

10) when the STFu is in it's off state the processor consumes only ~6uA. This is so low that batteries can be left in the light for many years without being completely drained.

11) the new STFu board is drool proof too (LowWorm beta tested) ;)

Some of the features of the board that are not new:

1) electronic reverse polarity protection
2) any rechargeable batteries can be used if they are not to thick to fit.
3) six power levels
4) all the levels are a very pure DC to the LED (the AC component is only a couple mV). You can not see flicker at any power level because there is none.
5) fastest light in the west!

shuter

Enlightened
Re: FS: SPY005 (priced and I apologize)

Thanks for the link. I can see that the upgraded board is a substantioal improvement. I had a black 05 without the board upgrade. I still recall the wonderful feel of that light in the hand. Very tempting.

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: SPY005 REDUCED

Obviously priced too high, so I reduced?

Thanks for looking

jeff

shuter

Enlightened
Re: FS: SPY005 REDUCED Again 1 day sale before withdrawl

:takeit::paypal:

I have owned and sold two Spy 05's. Just something special about them that makes me want to hold one again. Thanks Jeff. :D

Does this light with the updated board accept 3.7V rechargables? 3.7V Primaries?

Last edited:

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: SPY005 REDUCED Again 1 day sale before withdrawl

Many Thanks and I hope you enjoy....I tried rechargeable, as they will work, however they would not fit correctly and I damaged battery. I use "normal" 123's as they last a very long time.

Check your PM....:poke: