Multi-function lights that don't require the head to be loosened.

Newly Enlightened
Sorry if this has been asked before, nothing was turning up when searching the forum.

I really want to get the Jetbeam jet-iii m with the q3-5a led. It's size, brightness, built quality, looks, and the fact that it can tailstand all fit the criteria I have for my next light.

Except for one thing, you have to loosen the head to change modes. This, for me, is turning out to be a deal killer. Don't ask, I just don't like lights that have anything loose, I'm OCD that way :laughing:

Any recommendations for a light similar to the jetbeam where the different modes are all accessed through the switch?

Thanks.

KBobAries

Enlightened
I've been looking for the same thing so let me suggest one of NiteCore's Smart PD lights on the 4 Sevens website. The head twists but only to change the the tailcap switch from momentary on to constant on.

I don't have one yet but it will be my next light. IMHO it has one of the quickest UIs around. Watch the video that appears lower down in the screen because it explains the operation far better than I could.

There are a couple different models to choose from apart from your battery of choice. One has "infinitely" adjustable brightness while the other has preset levels. Both can go to either max or low with a couple of clicks regardless of which level you're currently using.

FWIW,

Dan

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Any JetBeam with the full IBS interface allows you to switch between three user-settable modes using only the switch. The Jet III ST would be the closest analogue to the M.

e_dogg

Newly Enlightened
Any JetBeam with the full IBS interface allows you to switch between three user-settable modes using only the switch. The Jet III ST would be the closest analogue to the M.

Yep - no twisting necessary on my Jetbeam Jet-I Pro EX. Just button taps.

Though it doesn't really tail stand...

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Surefire C2 with a Lumensfactory multi-mode drop in. I think they make warn tint modules with mode switching capabilities. Your cell options would be limited to 3.6-8.4 V and 17650 size.

There are some marketplace sellers offering 18mm boring services, that would open things up to 1x18650.

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
The JET-lll Pro ST is a great light. It has 3 user definable output levels with a low of 2 lumen and a high of 225 lumen. The output levels can be set in any order. It can take a wide range of batteries from an 18650 to cr123a's and rcr123a's, and is fully controlled through the clicky switch. One of my favorite lights.

Dsc01560.jpg

JetlllProST.jpg

JetIIIProST.jpg

40ft from my deck to the corner of the fence.
RRT-0andJetlllProST.jpg

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the suggestions guys, still don't know what the final decision is though. :(

carrot

Flashaholic
Novatac EDC, Ra Clicky

Excellent lights that won't break a budget, are tough as nails, and made in the USA. Hard to argue with that.