Read Carefuly

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
flux.jpg

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Holy cow!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif
That stuff probably removes more than just flux, especially if you do something around it you ain't supposed to. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Floating Spots

Enlightened
Well, the liquid that comes out probably is non flammable.
The aerosol propellant is usually a mix of butane and propane, however....

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Our product is 100% non-flammable....

(untill you get it next to a flame. Then it's your problem)

or, from the Simpsons.... I think it went something like this.
Inflamable and flamable are the same?! What a country....

-Jason

Floating Spots

Enlightened
I looked at the MSDS.
Fire fighting procedures list it as non flammable.
I'm not chemist, but one ingredient ends in propane, supporting my initial statement that the propellant is the flammable part.

Empath

Flashaholic
I read the MSDS at the Techspray and it says:

EXPLOSION HAZARDS: This product is not flammable at ambient temperatures and atmospheric pressure. However, this material may become combustible when mixed with air under pressure and exposed to strong ignition sources.

So, it is and isn't.

flashlightlens

Newly Enlightened
I never understood that. Bottled water used to say "Sodium Free" - but then the nutritional facts would list some sodium content. My guess is that there's a cut-off point for flammability that allows the term "non-flammable" to be used. I think since it says "flammable aerosol," they're talking about the propellent being flammable, but the liquid that's being propelled isn't.

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
My favorite was "all-natural artificial ketchup".
Can't remember who made it.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
would posting other funny or misleading lables be on topic? I think so /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Here is one of my favorites of late. It's a picture taken from a tin of those Altoids tangerine sours. Very yummy! i bought a new tin recently and see that they have fixed the printing on it, good thing I took a picture a while back to preserve it!

altoids.jpg

Darell

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
flashlightlens.com said:
I never understood that. Bottled water used to say "Sodium Free" - but then the nutritional facts would list some sodium content.

[/ QUOTE ]
Take a look at cooking spray. It is olive oil and propellant. The label says "fat-free." They way they do it, is as you suggest - there is a minimum requirement, and with their serving of 1/3 second of spray, there isn't enough fat to count. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tomas

Banned
Hmmmm ... funny labels? My favorite was an old Radio Shack portable radio (a copy of the stitched leather covered GE of yore) that had a tiny sticker on the back of it's case that said Imitation Vinyl ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif

T_sig2.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

Pi_is_blue

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is what I found written on a Japanese bottle of lemon water: "Lemon water, the best suitable for us to quench our thirst due to perspiration."

hyeTotum

Newly Enlightened
Or, my all-time favorite classic seen while walking down little Santa Monica Blvd:

a sign on the Beverly Hills Y.M.C.A. door that read...

..."Closed for Yom Kippur"... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif