Anybody know about surefire 3p

TOB9595

Enlightened
I was chatting with a guy in calif (LPS Wayne) and he told me about the SF 3p runs on 1 123 batt. Discontinued by SF. Is it a decent light? Rugged? bright?

Size15's

Flashaholic
My opinion is that it is far too big for it's output. I strongly suggest you buy an E1e-HA instead. The E1e has a brighter, whiter beam, longer runtime, from a smaller, compact, light-weight Hard Anodised body with a Pyrex Lens and LockOut TailCap. Best of all, you can fit the KL1 Luxeon Bezel to the E1e!

Al

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Size15s:
My opinion is that it is far too big for it's output. I strongly suggest you buy an E1e-HA instead. The E1e has a brighter, whiter beam, longer runtime, from a smaller, compact, light-weight Hard Anodised body with a Pyrex Lens and LockOut TailCap. Best of all, you can fit the KL1 Luxeon Bezel to the E1e!

Al
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">So, by that, I assume that the KL1 definitely won't fit on the P3??

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Nope, it won't. The 3P is much bigger and not as bright.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Imagine a 6P, but with an inch removed from the body...The 3P was a cool little light, but is definetly outclassed by the E series lights...

--dan

TOB9595

Enlightened
Size15s, Thanks for the info and pics. Puts it in perspective. I have a kl3 awaiting from surefire. Scorpion and G2 mating. Will probly get kl1 after that. Just need a 3 cell body now. C'mon Dspeck.

Whistler

Enlightened
looks like this:

3p01.gif

All.jpg

guncollector

Enlightened
Al writes:
My opinion is that it is far too big for it's output.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">My aren't we getting spoiled! Suddenly, a light (the 3P) with 2D output, but one-quarter the size is too big! LOL!
grin.gif

Al, I'm just giving you a hard time.
wink.gif

Yes, the 3P is outclassed by the E1. But the 3P is still a mini-marvel for the average, Joe Schmoe unenlightened flashlight user.