Need guidance in this newly discovered bright world

Mats

Newly Enlightened
Hello everybody !

I am going to buy som new flashlights :)
I have a led lenser t7 and solarforce l2. And now i hav discovered this new world of lights. The t7 was "the best" in the sports market and solarforce, the only rechargeable i found.
Now i am going for:

Fenix tk 30, beacause i want a searchlight, and for me i think this is the best.

Fenix tk 11 r2, will function as a new solarforce l2/t7 :)

Quark mini 123, a nce little light to always carry around.

My plan is to buy it all from 4sevens.
I will also buy
4 AW's 18650 2600 mah
2 AW's rcr 123 a 750 mah
1 Aw's dual bay fast charger

Anything I've forgotten to buy?
Do i need to lubricate the parts of the flashlight? if so with what?
any other tips; or flaslights i need to check out?
I use flashlights mostly in the woods and also at work (contruction).

On long term I am looking for a solid angeled flashlight to have at work as well so if anybody has a tip?

Mats
Oslo, Norway.

Thank you all

Saint_Dogbert

Enlightened
For info on lubes, check out this thread.

And :welcome:

Looks like you are off to a good start - on ending up :broke:, ha ha. Have fun. Those are some great lights (and batts) you have purchased.

ZRXBILL

Enlightened
Nice lights, batteries and charger. Looks like you are good to go.:thumbsup:
Don't forget the CPF discount code at 4sevens.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Make sure you are thoroughly versed in the care and handling of Li-Ion cells, there are reasons they're not available in the sporting market. Read some of the lubrication and cleaning threads here, it's a very simple process so don't get too picky or technical about it.

As for an anglehead light, two of the most popular are the very floody Zebralight and the more conventional (but expensive) PentagonLight.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 on Zebralight, you can look at the H501 (1xAA) or the H60 (1x18650), they can be used as headlamps or angle lights. They also come in warmer tints (H501W and H60W).

I use silicon grease to lubricate my lights, got it from a dive store.

C-Beam

Newly Enlightened
Are you going to use an 18650 rechargeable? If so, the TK12 has better regulation than the TK11.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
This could be another option for a throw light. The Tiablo A10 seems to throw the furthest for the reflector LED lights but isn't the brightest out of all LED lights.

A good floody light would make a nice companion.

:welcome:

Mats

Newly Enlightened
Thanks!

I will order my flashlights as soon as i get an answer from 4sevens about the shipping.
I will also read about safe use of batterier and charges. Haven't given it any time at all.

I'll get tk-11 as the tk-12 has a to advanced UI for my use .

When it comes to Tiablo etc, the most certain buy for me is the tk 30. I like it alot!

And I think I can see Zebralight on the horizon :)
But then I also need a new charger and 2 extra batts to have at work. So it will have to wait... :(

Linger

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mats - if you're going in the wilderness, you may enjoy a neutral tint or a warm tint emitter. Many people find 'cool' (usually standard emitters) to be helpful in urban areas but really lacking in rural / natural areas.

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
It will be lot easier to get into this new bright world than getting out of it.

So I would not be asking guidance if I were you. it leads to a very long way...

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe that 4 sevens has just introduced an angle adaptor for his lights....
This turns any of his lights into a 90 degree light.

HDS_Systems

Enlightened
Mats,

Since you mentioned you were having problems finding flashlights that accommodate rechargeable batteries, you may want to look at the EDC Executive or EDC Tactical. Both are very solid lights and have multiple brightness presets. Both lights properly and automatically detect and accommodate rechargeable lithium-ion batteries with no loss in output - and no sudden darkness from over discharging the battery and activating the battery's protection circuit. Take a look at the Details page and the Frequently Asked Questions pages for additional information.

There is also an option for warm white with high color rendering. The color rendering of these lights is much better than with cool white LEDs. As a point of comparison, the color rendering index (CRI) of a typical cool white LED is 70 while the CRI of our high CRI warm white LEDs is 93. Take a look at the custom built flashlight page for these.

Henry.