New Titanium Fenix

AardvarkSagus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just ran across this little guy and I am completely in love. I am emailing them with questions right now.
app10393691259083811.jpg

What a fantastic looking light. And up to date too!

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice find. :huh:

They patented the twist switch? :thinking:

Natbyte

Newly Enlightened
Looks pretty good, do you know if this is available now or is it part of a new 2010 range?

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Takes 1 batteries?

Runs for 1 hours?

:)

Now what we all want to know, how about RCR-123? :whistle:

PayBack

Enlightened
Damn you! I ordered 2 Quark 123 Minis and now you make me buy this too?!! :(

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am actually hoping that they're using emitter lumens for the 216 rating.. after seeing how the 47s TI quark is hot pretty quickly -- starts at 240 OTF, then drops to ~220..

ugh.. they specified 3V for the lithium battery -- no RCR would be a complete deal breaker.

I'll bet that there are other companies working on TI pocket rockets for this holiday season, though :whistle:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
The P1D/PD10 series should have been available in titanium from the beginning, I'd gladly trade in my P1Ds for a Ti PD10.

And there's no way you'd be able to leave it on high; if the Al body can't handle a P4 on turbo, you can forget Ti managing a tiny XP-G at that output..

Now all we need is a 1xAA single mode PD..

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
Really looks ''quarkish''... the knurling, the polished finish...

I'm thinking more and more that Fenix is behind 4sevens lights...:sssh:

Last edited:

ninjaboigt

Enlightened
omg i cant believe i didnt notice that it wasnt the head. i was so caught up looking at the contact piece..so..i guess its a 3 piece flashlight?

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can't sell a thing if it ain't got that bling

OOOHHHHH its shiny and purty. No thanks.

Thanks to too many bling crazed buyers, they are making what I consider to be engineering design inferior products by using Titanium which has 1/11th the heatsinking/spreading capability of Aluminum instead of Aluminum to be able to sell something that is new and different. That difference being only the Ti shell. Yeah it may not actually get hot enough to fail or most users will be smart enough to turn it down, but it will get too hot in high mode to just leave running without some long term degradation and the output will drop and not be constant and it will cost too much for what it DOES but of course they will sell them simply because its got more bling. My favorite metal for something I am not buying anyway is Unobtanium. Its perfect.

Will it be $150 for an otherwise $50 light?

Incidentalist

Enlightened
It does look like there is a separate tailcap.

Yes and no. I've got a PD10 and there is only one place to take apart the light and that is at the head. That said, the body of the light is not a single piece of aluminum. The tail of the light is a separate piece, but as far as I can tell, you can't remove it (or maybe more precisely stated, you aren't supposed to remove it).

It's a nice little light, coming in at just a few mm over the P1D. I'm going to have to wait for the price to determine if the Ti version is in my future.

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm interested in seeing the price tag!

If it isn't too preposterous I may just grab one!

Then proceed to beat the thing up on my keys :whistle:

EDIT - just found this link.

Unless that is just a default price or something, it looks like it will be around US$70-80

Last edited: