JetBeam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hef

Newly Enlightened
How does Jetbeam compare to Surefire? I know this is a very broad question, I like quality especially when I am laying down the amount of dough it takes to ge into a Surefire. I have a E1B and it is a very good light IMO. The next light on my list is the LX2.........until I saw the advertisment for the RRT 0 and liked the looks. Again if I am laying down the big dough I want the real deal and not a "wanna be". I know SF is the real deal, but am willing to look at other contenders. Thanks for the help!

henry1960

Enlightened
Ever bodys opion on different brands of flashlights is like a woman with wallpaper, some like different pattererns and some like different lights.

It depends on what you like and your needs in a light :welcome:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Jetbeam is frequently the first name mentioned when someone asks about a non-US brand with Surefire quality. The popularity of the Military model in actual tactical use attests to this. And there are plenty of Surefire guys who are Jetbeam guys too..

Saint_Dogbert

Enlightened
I was just being all inarticulate because comparisons of brand x to surefire don't often achieve much. That said it looks like the question is whether the jetbeam compares favorably to SF all else being equal...I'd say in most cases, yes.

Last edited:

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
The eternal question of Brand X compared to SF is like your current girlfriend asking how she is compared to your ex.

You are so in the doodoo no matter what you answer. Best thing to say is "how can one compare 2 sunrises/roses/diamonds? You're BOTH beautiful!"

So, SF is great! So is Jetbeam!

Get both.

Hef

Newly Enlightened
I know it was a very broad question, I guess what I really want to know is does JetBeam have the same quality as SF. I don't know much about JetBeam other than what I just started to read. I don't want to start a war on JetBeam vs SF. Just wanting to get the "experts" opinions.

Thanks Fellas

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Try not to compare any company to another well known brand (especially not Surefire). It could spark an argument and lead to closed threads.

If you want to know how the quality is, I'd just ask "how is the quality of 'X brand'?" and read around the reviews.

From what I read, Jetbeams have pretty good quality.

Hef

Newly Enlightened
define quality.

IMO quality= SF.....but that is the only high quality light that I have. Again I am not trying to spark a debate. Does JB back their lights like SF, how good is their CS? I see they are made in China, do you have to send the light back to China if there is a problem or can you send it to a dealer in the U.S. for service or replacement.

Thanks

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I own a few Jetbeams, Jet I Mk IIx (lost), Jet I Pro IBS v2.0, Jet II Pro IBS, Jet III Pro ST. I only own ONE surefire, a black G2 so i cannot comment much on SF but i can tell you that Jetbeams are very sturdy, durable lights. I've dropped them, thrown them and they still work fine. My avatar pic is my Jet III Pro ST dunked in a blue plastic mug of water to test (simultaneously) waterproofing and runtime (1hr 45minutes (+/-) on a protected Trustfire 18650)

As for customer service issues, the guy i got my Jetbeams from is excellent, if anything goes wrong, i just give him a ring and either pop by and meet him or mail it across to him.

For the US, i think bugoutgear is a well known store for Jetbeams and has a good reputation too.

b@d dog

Newly Enlightened
I carry a Surefire 6P and a Jetbeam JET-III Military everyday though each light has a specific purpose. I love them both.
The 6P I've got upgrades for.

Status
Not open for further replies.