Malkoff        
Page 89 of 90 FirstFirst ... 3979828384858687888990 LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,670 of 2686

Thread: Cars, Man

Default Re: Cars, Man

You know we've been here a while when we watched the last time a Corvette debuted, and like last time Leno gets to walk around one first (good view of the engine bay/trunk and startup sound):

Quote Originally Posted by orbital View Post
    I didn't catch the reveal but would have liked to see it in silver,, such a classic Vette color.
    Go play with the Corvette Visualizer; for Blade Silver Metallic, I came up with this:

Quote Originally Posted by SCEMan View Post
    Chevy has been trying to market a mid-engined vette for decades w/o success. I remember seeing this mid-engined prototype vette at Laguna Seca in 87' at the Monterey Historic Races.
    I built a model of the CERV III in the 90's, and though it was never manufactured, bits and pieces of its design were used on future Corvettes (though the all wheel drive feature is yet to be seen..)

So, New Car Guys, will Cleetus actually be able to purchase one of these for close to $60,000? If so, how long will he have to wait?
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Gardiner View Post
    So, New Car Guys, will Cleetus actually be able to purchase one of these for close to $60,000? If so, how long will he have to wait?
    He said they're getting one, but I'm not sure how he'll use it as there's only so much you can do to make a dragster of a RWD mid-engined car (though since we've already thrown front-engine tradition out the window, is the AWD variant forthcoming?); it would make an unparalleled drift car though..

Cleetus and James modify the Galaxy's fuel system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKpeR8WHQ2A
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Quote Originally Posted by orbital View Post
    What one needs to take away is the value
    For $60K, you get huge performance from a U.S. manufacturer/classic mark
    I am surely not the target market - I grudgingly paid just short of $30k for my present daily. Which is almost double what I paid for its predecessor some ten years previous and it's nowhere near double the car.

I can however hope that the C8 produces additional downward momentum on the late C5 / early C6 market such that I can entertain the thought of procuring an example with some 15 years' use on it.
    I apologize that this letter is so long; I did not have time to write a short letter

Quote Originally Posted by StarHalo View Post
    He said they're getting one, but I'm not sure how he'll use it as there's only so much you can do to make a dragster of a RWD mid-engined car (though since we've already thrown front-engine tradition out the window, is the AWD variant forthcoming?); it would make an unparalleled drift car though..
    My questions had more to do with these actually being available for under 60 grand. I'm wondering if the supply will be sufficient enough so buyers won't need to pay a premium to drive away in one.

Quote Originally Posted by idleprocess View Post
    I can however hope that the C8 produces additional downward momentum on the late C5 / early C6 market such that I can entertain the thought of procuring an example with some 15 years' use on it.
    It ain't the payments, it's the insurance..

My questions had more to do with these actually being available for under 60 grand. I'm wondering if the supply will be sufficient enough so buyers won't need to pay a premium to drive away in one.
    Oh, ha, forget it. Same number of people who got $30K Teslas.
    Last edited by StarHalo; 07-21-2019 at 08:43 PM.

..or I could be wrong; this guy just put a deposit down with the dealer guaranteeing MSRP, and it sounds like he's specifically going for base model.

..or I could be wrong; this guy just put a deposit down with the dealer guaranteeing MSRP, and it sounds like he's specifically going for base model.
    Crap! I have T-Shirts older than that guy.

I have underwear older than that guy.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

+

Check me on this, but I think this is the first time GMs' taking down-payments on securing cars.

Full gas on production shifts in Kentucky

+

Saw the C8 in person this morning at Road America, 9:20am it was 3~4 deep to see it at the Chevrolet tent/experience area
    .. in a bronze color, which was a interesting change from all your basic colors.

First impressions: a smaller C7 with the motor in the back.

Nice car lines overall, flowing from the interesting front grill. will say this, I prefer smoother car lines, not so many straight lines & sharp angles
    (just my opinion)

Is it still a Corvette & still a muscle car? _____yes, but the definition has changed a bit.
    Last edited by orbital; 08-02-2019 at 07:31 PM. Reason: slight reword

..and just like last time, a GM development driver provides the first sendoff (near Yosemite, CA):

After more than a year of drag strip runs, dyno pulls, and a 1,300 mile cross country drive, Cleetus & Co.'s centerpiece Corvette now has an introduction - it took bolting the car directly to the dyno and running on a new-in-box clutch, but Leroy finally has official horsepower and torque numbers:

Last edited by StarHalo; 08-11-2019 at 12:04 PM.

Great Thread here !

I spotted THIS today,
    and just wanted to share it with all of you.

Enjoy . . . .

https://www.empshield.com/product/ve...WWpnpYTbzrU6Qs

Quote Originally Posted by Burgess View Post
    Great Thread here !

I spotted THIS today,
    and just wanted to share it with all of you.

Enjoy . . . .

https://www.empshield.com/product/ve...WWpnpYTbzrU6Qs
    Seems like it's in the same genre as the 100 MPG carb, fuel line magnets, and the Tornado Air intake - except the precious few times when one can "field test" this product it probably doesn't matter if it works as claimed or not since users will have Far Larger Problems™ to address.
    I apologize that this letter is so long; I did not have time to write a short letter

The full convertible C8 will be introduced shortly.

Video of whole flocks of C8s, many different colors and option groupings; the metallic colors really exaggerate body creases, natural/tan interior brings the car a step closer to Italy, the no wing option is somehow stunning, body color vents makes them fade into the bodywork, etc:

Last edited by StarHalo; 08-24-2019 at 05:13 PM.

[FONT="]Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Curabitur imperdiet dolor tortor, ut rhoncus purus cursus et. Suspendisse nec turpis dolor. Sed scelerisque, risus id pellentesque mattis, felis mi accumsan nulla, non suscipit justo justo et ligula. Curabitur ultricies laoreet ex eget mattis. Fusce in aliquet lacus, vitae gravida velit. Aenean facilisis urna ac tempor bibendum. Ut aliquet non nisl nec tristique. Duis ut congue justo. Etiam eu fermentum quam. Sed eu ligula eget est mollis ornare. Sed eleifend turpis arcu, et finibus odio euismod sit amet.[/FONT][FONT="]Aenean mauris sem, varius nec aliquam sed, dapibus id eros. Duis sodales, ipsum vel tempus accumsan, tellus urna rhoncus est, sed commodo purus orci vitae nisi. Fusce pulvinar velit ut lacus finibus facilisis. Vestibulum vel consequat tortor. Morbi malesuada massa id dolor mattis malesuada. Sed sed magna feugiat, lobortis ipsum et, bibendum nisl. Proin laoreet purus eu orci tristique interdum. Proin pellentesque ullamcorper lorem, sit amet fermentum erat posuere ac. Praesent bibendum pharetra dictum. Sed purus sapien, laoreet non auctor nec, egestas vitae lacus. Proin tristique vestibulum placerat. In vehicula, nisi in facilisis molestie, nisl metus interdum sem, id porta nibh neque at mauris.[/FONT][FONT="]Integer interdum magna ut mi imperdiet pulvinar. Sed quam lacus, feugiat eget suscipit sit amet, vulputate at nunc. Etiam felis tortor, vestibulum eget sem nec, lobortis laoreet purus. Nulla et purus ligula. Sed vitae purus sit amet massa fermentum consectetur. Maecenas et nulla quis ipsum malesuada dictum. Aenean elementum consequat ante, sed feugiat augue. Phasellus quis euismod orci.[/FONT][FONT="]Nullam mollis blandit lectus at accumsan. In vehicula orci nibh, ut facilisis augue laoreet vitae. Nullam mollis odio enim, nec sodales est dictum ac. Morbi suscipit magna leo, non aliquam ex egestas id. Ut eget purus erat. Donec semper a lectus at tristique. Fusce porttitor placerat convallis. Curabitur congue enim vitae urna tristique consectetur. Mauris a velit non augue fringilla ullamcorper quis non erat.[/FONT]Fusce aliquam auctor rutrum. Nulla consectetur, tellus et tristique luctus, velit ligula pretium erat, in semper odio enim sit amet arcu. Praesent condimentum massa convallis auctor commodo. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Integer mi ex, malesuada sed massa sit amet, tempus vulputate leo. Donec pretium augue in malesuada tincidunt. Pellentesque rutrum libero a ante feugiat blandit. Ut nec volutpat metus, ac dapibus libero. Proin pretium nisl est, eu pretium orci interdum eu. Cras consectetur velit sed libero condimentum, in fringilla lectus egestas. Curabitur libero quam, posuere non condimentum non, bibendum id nibh. Sed pretium arcu non est vulputate, quis pretium nibh blandit. Class aptent taciti sociosqu ad litora torquent per conubia nostra, per inceptos himenaeos. Quisque sit amet nisi interdum, ornare arcu sit amet, dapibus augue. Nulla sit amet mi mollis, varius dui eget, dignissim leo.

Can't stand Streetdrive 420
    "America has three cities, New York, San Francisco and New Orleans. Everywhere else is Cleveland."- Tennessee Williams

Quote Originally Posted by boo5ted View Post
    Can't stand Streetdrive 420
    Yeah, not a fan of the rich guy douchery, but it's good coverage of a very good event, roughly a dozen C8s with many different options.

Team McFarland is heading back to Australia to do some competitive burnouts. But this time they'll be driving their own 10.3 liter supercharged Camaro.

Yeah, not a fan of the rich guy douchery, but it's good coverage of a very good event, roughly a dozen C8s with many different options.
    Yeah, sometimes you can't be picky about which events highlight a car you want to learn more about. Or, which individuals cover those cars.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

I stopped watching Street Speed 717 a while back. There was just too much profanity for me to enjoy his content. I was pleasantly surprised to not hear any in the above-quoted video.

He's young and apparently, he's learning.

World's first Vantablack vehicle, BMW's X6; that's it pictured in the video preview, it's not a photoshop, you're looking at the actual car:

World's first Vantablack vehicle, BMW's X6; that's it pictured in the video preview, it's not a photoshop, you're looking at the actual car:
    Making a disappearance in the next John Wick movie.

took my 5.0 in for service this a.m. and ran across one of these...

if strong armed, reckon i'd go along with one of these...

Quote Originally Posted by nosuchagency View Post
    if strong armed, reckon i'd go along with one of these...
    A dude in town has one of those; you can hear it many streets away, it always sounds like it's racing hard under load though he's not moving any faster than traffic..

that sound alone is probably 25% of sticker, lol.

It's a shame the Bullitt doesn't more closely resemble the original. It was much better lookin!

It's a shame the Bullitt doesn't more closely resemble the original. It was much better lookin!
    Well that's a green GT but it ain't Bullitt..

You can better appreciate the new model by hearing it ruin a set of tires:

Page 89 of 90 FirstFirst ... 3979828384858687888990 LastLast