EternaLight EliteMax ???

BIG MIKEY

Newly Enlightened
anyone own one of these, I just went to the link at the top of candlepowerforums, and checked out a site that had them, it says this elitemax versions batterys last over 1000, hours, that is very hard to believe, its kinda expensive to $99.00, anyone experience these, could you give me a review, and if you think the batteries can really last that long, thanks ..

BIG MIKEY

Newly Enlightened
Never Mind, I guess it helps if I use the search button, found out exactly what I need..

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also, it is entirely possible that the eliteMAX's cells will last 1000 hrs, since they must be talking about the lowest brightness setting, it is a regulated light, and the dimming is by pulse width modulation. These lights also come with lithium cells installed.

MichiganMan

Enlightened
But the maximum runtime will only be achieved in "Unregulated" mode (which is easily selected on the EliteMax)

The light's a luxury without a doubt. I chose to get it because I like Eternalights, had $70 at one time (so long ago... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif) and given my like of the Ergo model wanted the best Eternalight I could get. That said, many of its features can be had in the cheaper X-Ray Elite.

CanadianGuy

Newly Enlightened
Just wondering...how would you get the best runtime without regulation? (I'm pretty decent with electronics, but bear with me. You guys know a lot of technical info I wouldn't have dreamed existed)

Is it that regulation uses up battery power more than just feeding the light straight battery power?

P.S. I bought two LED flashlights last Friday from my work. Before this, I only owned an astronomy LED light and a couple of keychain LED lights. These two new ones are my first "brighter" LED flashlights. One has 3 white LEDs inside a head similar to a minimag mounted on a flexible rubber shaft with a clip on the end. The other is about the size of a 3D mag with 12 LEDS that are white, but way more blue than the clip light. Yeah, they're cheap stuff from Taiwan, but I'm amazed at the color difference from a regular flashlight.

Thanks

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
CanadianGuy said:
Is it that regulation uses up battery power more than just feeding the light straight battery power?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, it is.
The efficiency depends on the circuit, but typically, it's around 70-90%, something like that.
So, while the circuit will drain the cells further, it is consuming power itself, so it is a trade-off. A more constant brightness for some runtime. It just comes down to what you prefer.

And about your cheapy lights, cheap lights can be useful too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif