Back to midnight shift

CAK

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

I recently got promoted from detective to Patrol Lieutenant and although I was blessed to have four months of day shift, starting in January I will start a full year of midnight shift. I want to make sure that I am adequately covered light wise.

I have a Streamlight Stinger LED C4 which seems to be entirely adequate for most patrol functions.

My backup light is a Streamlight TL-2 C4 LED which I carry in my cargo pocket as a backup. Is there a way to increase the output by going to a rechargable lithium? I would probably want to switch to a rechargeable lithium anyway since I might be putting more use on the backup light.

What batts and charger would be good?

Much thanks,

Carl

NWdude83

Newly Enlightened
So if I come up to go bar/club hopping some weekend in Seattle and get in a little trouble, you got my back right? :thumbsup:

Agile54

Newly Enlightened
Good answer Carl, sounds like you're in for a little transition
going from an investigator back to patrol. Suspect the bump in rank
helps ease the transition + the move back to nights will take some
getting used to. Congrats. & good on you showing the younger fellas
how to use some quality gear to compliment their other Sam Brown
accessories.

KAP

Newly Enlightened
are you looking to upgrade your current streamlights to rechargeable or looking into something new to replace them?

Hi all,

I recently got promoted from detective to Patrol Lieutenant and although I was blessed to have four months of day shift, starting in January I will start a full year of midnight shift. I want to make sure that I am adequately covered light wise.

I have a Streamlight Stinger LED C4 which seems to be entirely adequate for most patrol functions.

My backup light is a Streamlight TL-2 C4 LED which I carry in my cargo pocket as a backup. Is there a way to increase the output by going to a rechargable lithium? I would probably want to switch to a rechargeable lithium anyway since I might be putting more use on the backup light.

What batts and charger would be good?

Much thanks,

Carl

CAK

Newly Enlightened
I am primarily looking to switch from 123A cells in my TL-2 to something rechargeable since the backup light might see more daily use when I switch over to nights. What is the best set up for rechargeable batteries and will the rechargeables increase the light output?

CAK

Newly Enlightened
Can I switch to a 18650 Li-ion battery in my TL-2 LED with no problems or issues?

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
What about the Pelican 7060 or the 8060?

Congrats on your promotion!

Latest posts