Anyone know anything about this light?

sonrider657

Newly Enlightened
Whoever wrote the description for amazon is borderline illiterate.

I would buy something else.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about the claim of 700 hour runtime on this? Is that bull$hit?
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002C8YIKQ/?tag=cpf0b6-20

Hi George!

About these long runtimes they can be true. The statement of 696 hours is Ledlensers own. The unfair with these kind of statements is that they don't declare that the brightness is continiously dropping during the runtime. It's possible that the light still shines after 600+ hours, but the brightness then is lower than a candle.
When people read 195 lumens and 696 hours runtime they can be really deceived.

Regards, Patric

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's what I thought. Hur är vädret i Boden? Jag e sugen på pite palt och lång fil :(

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's what I thought. Hur är vädret i Boden? Jag e sugen på pite palt och lång fil :(

Ojdå, en svensk mitt i allt, eller har du bott i Sverige? Vädret har varit riktigt dåligt denna vecka med snöblandat regn och dis. Jag längtar efter minusgrader och snö, alltså efter en riktig vinter!
Kommer du hit så ska jag bjuda på pitepalt och långfil! :thumbsup:

Hälsningar Patric

If anyone wants translation from swedish you can just tell me (or guiri)...

Regards, Patric

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's right, we're talking secret agent stuff. Me and Pat are going to go apeshit on America and we might even decide to overthrow Osama and dig up his wife's vegetable garden at the white house...we haven't decided yet :)

Actually I was raised there and lived there for 25 years or so including 4 in Boden at Garnisonsgatan :)

I miss the north dude. Went to Piteå which was very cool and then to Gävle (gorgeous women) and finally Helsingborg which sucked.

Yeah, if it weren't so far, I'd take you up on your offer. Damn I miss it!

As for doing this in english, I'm doing this out of consideration for our hosts. I was born in Bulgaria though and after Sweden I moved to Spain :)

:)

balou

Enlightened
I miss the north dude. Went to Piteå which was very cool and then to Gävle (gorgeous women) and finally Helsingborg which sucked.

And I miss the knäckebröd they sell at Ikea. Have to go soon to buy another few packs of those huge wafers. Oh and that creamed roe paste, and the shrimp with cheese paste.

Yeah that's way OT, but I can't say I started the OT discussion...

Ontopic: Ledlenser really has deceptive descriptions. And knowing that this light runs for 700 hours... that means it has no flat regulation. so, those 195.141592653789 lumens (that precision by itself is misleading... battery voltage, Vf differences, tolerances on ICs, sensing resistors... wth??) are only available in the first 5 seconds or so. After 5 seconds, it's maybe something like 194.62334 (don't you love such exact numbers?)