My Surefire EL-2 doesn't have dual output?

KevinSeanOB

Newly Enlightened
I purchased a Surefire EL-2 for the purpose of the low light, 100 hr setting. I did not pay attention to any sticker on the packaging, so I don't remember that part. I have a KX-2 head, but no dual output. The surefire website says that the KX-2 head replaces the older KL-1 head. I don't want to spend another $150.

So, I have a KX-2 head...but, no dual output? What gives?

:hitit:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
You have the 1st gen KX2 head that was only 1 stage. They are now 2 stage.

The 1 stage may be older but it's nice. I am on the lookout for one like yours myself. :thumbsup:

deranged_coder

Enlightened
Contact Surefire customer service (call is probably better than email) and let them know you received a single-stage KX2 when you were expecting a two-stage KX2. I expect they will work with you to remedy the situation.

Or go onto the Marketplace and see if you can find someone who is willing to trade.

Last edited:

da.gee

Enlightened
Think about keeping that single stage. Awesome regulation for something like 9 hours. I have one and very much like knowing I have that performance should I need it for extended periods of time. It is somewhat of a coveted version as it wasn't around that long before the two stage came out.

carrot

Flashaholic
If I didn't already have three I'd offer to take it off your hands for the purchase price!

They are somewhat a rarity because when Surefire introduced the 2-stage E2L a little while afterwards, they asked dealers to send back their stock of single-stage E2L's.

Also, highly sought after by many, but if you don't like it, someone here will certainly be willing to trade, or buy it outright. There are a fair amount of people here, myself included, who prefer the lower output the single-level E2L has over the dual-level newer E2L.

flasherByNight

Enlightened
doh, wish I had known all that....
I've got one thats..."well loved"

Explains why I don't think I've replaced the battery once yet O.O