Best Home Depot/Lowes LED light?

computerpro3

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking to pick up a couple of good all purpose LED lights at lowes or home depot today. The brighter the better, and I'd like it to use AA, C's, or D batteries. Don't care which one as long as it's bright!

Is the lowes task force still the best I you can get?

Thanks,

-Jon

Skyeye

Enlightened
See if you can get the Husky brand 2D 4watt or 3watt 4AA LED's. I have both and they are pretty rugged, very bright lights. They may be discontinued by now though.

Painful Chafe

Enlightened
The Coast Lights. I have had a couple of the Coasts and all the Mag Led there are. I liked the Coast lights I had more.

DigMe

Enlightened
Is the 3D brighter than the 2D?

User reports and beamshots say just barely. Not enough for it to be a decision-maker. The main difference will be longer runtime with the 3D.

If your local Lowes is out of any of the size you want then take a Lowes ad to Walmart. They will price match.

brad

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
User reports and beamshots say just barely. Not enough for it to be a decision-maker. The main difference will be longer runtime with the 3D.

If your local Lowes is out of any of the size you want then take a Lowes ad to Walmart. They will price match.

brad

Ok, thanks.

arodaz

Newly Enlightened
I also vote for the mag rebel 3d,,,price is excellent,,,was very impressed with the throw,,focus feature works and looks way better than my last mag which was an incandescant model from the days of old,,,got a bunch for xmass gifts also

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why do you guys prefer the bigger 3D light? Is it just for the extra runtime?

Probedude

Enlightened
Its a little brighter and runs longer.
In the other thread, 2 of us have measured the current draw of the Rebel 2D Maglite and got 1.6A !!

I'm going to rethink my purchase and return to get the 3D version as the runtime is going to be shorter than the incandescent.

jackthedog

Newly Enlightened
I picked up at 2AA LED MiniMag with the multiple modes for $11. At another I also got a lens/filter kit, with anti roll rubber bezel, and clip for $5. Not a bad deal for $16.

superduty

Newly Enlightened
I picked up some of the D sized mag lites at Lowes yesterday. The sale continues for the weekend I think. I am pretty impressed with this LED. For the price it is hard to resist. Will make a GREAT Christmas gift also. FWIW, the Lowes I went to only had the newer style LED (the one that has "091" on the base of the LED bulb).

This is a truly a GREAT deal, I dont think you will find this deal anywhere, anytime soon.

Its probably cheap enough to buy them and then resell them on ebay in a month.

ZardHex

Newly Enlightened
New maglite mini 2aa with rebel led
multimode switch 100% 25% flash sos
at lowes 11/27-11/30 $10.97
+1

I picked up the last blue one my local Lowes had in stock...almost as bright as my 100lm MF DA1 1xAA, and it has surprising throw to boot!

Not bad for $11...don't care for the twisty switch or the strobe/sos modes but, oh well :thumbsup:

Latest posts