GITD bits

Ten

Newly Enlightened
Not finished it yet, got to clean up the rough bits but makes it easier to find in the dark now. It's epoxy, glow powder (blue and green) and cyanoacrylate for the end ring. Needs light sanding and tidying before it's done though. The biggest problem I have is losing my torch in pitch black night camping in woods when I'm bursting, too many drinks before bed and my ever encroaching old age don't mix ;)

dscf0604z.jpg

Hopefully now I will be able to find it in a hurry and no more break out the UV for the cleanup operation :eek: Just kidding I've never done that. Well I mean wet myself whilst hunting for the torch that, is as opposed to clean up massive quantities of urine and opt to sleep in it instead which is how it could be misread. Urmmmm........... maybe I should not say any more............ does anyone have a bigger spade?

greenLED

Flashaholic
Looks good!

A quick word of caution: if you sand the surface, you'll be breaking apart the GID particles. You won't completely destroy the glow, but it' won't be as strong as it should.

BTW, have you seen this thread?
I posted instructions on how to make some of those glow rings around tailcap buttons.

Have fun!