Looking for a particular EDC

Jason_Tx

Newly Enlightened
Hello folks. I am looking for a particular type of light and am seeking advice.

I only have a couple lights. Favorite being SF 6P bored and HA with M60W. Have a couple SolarForce L2s (waiting for drop ins to come in)
My current smallest light is a SF E2D, which I absolutely love btw, but I'm half scared to ECD it with its puny clip. I do have a holster on order.

What I'm looking for is something pocketable with the following features.

Small EDC style LED light
Warm/Neutral tint
Has a low low with very long runtimes
A Max of 100 + lumens (can be less I suppose, can be more also)
Deep pocket clip.
Battery type - 123 or AA or rechargeable batteries -- doesn't much matter

So far the only things I have found are the
Quark (neutral tint is sold out and no deep pocket clip
Quark Mini (no pocket clip)
Ra Clicky (a bit to much money)

Anything out there that fits the bill?
Anyone know of something coming out soon?

Thx guys and gals

carrot

Flashaholic
The Ra EDC is extremely similar to the Clicky and is only $99.

I can't for the life of me figure out what makes it $40 cheaper than the Clicky, however.

The Surefire E1B is close, but you cannot choose a tint.

Jason_Tx

Newly Enlightened
From the description of the RA clicky and EDC the only difference I can see is that the clicky has reverse polarity protection and the EDC doesn't have that in the description. I'm sure there has got to be more to it that that.
That and the EDC has that ugly @ss shiny bezel.. LOL

CREEper

Newly Enlightened
ITP EOS A1 comes close, but the tint is cooler than you are looking for... Might be worth a look, for $25.00 the value is definitely there.

Best, Mike

heckboy

Enlightened
ITP EOS A1 comes close, but the tint is cooler than you are looking for... Might be worth a look, for $25.00 the value is definitely there.

Best, Mike

I've been looking around for some reviews or writeups on the EOS A1. Have you seen any?

Later,
HB

Jason_Tx

Newly Enlightened
Take a look at these

Fenix
pd20
pd10
ld10

4sevens
preon dif models

None of these are warm/neutral tint --- None of these have a low low

Best, Mike

Warm/Neutral tint are is one of the main factors in a light, along with the low low for extremely long runtimes.

Thank you all for your suggestions though

SEMIJim

Enlightened
I think the LumaPower IncenDio may meet all your criteria, except possibly the deep pocket clip. According to Battery Junction's web page on it, it's available with either R2 (WC/WD) Cool White or Q3(5A)(Neutral White Tint - lower output) LEDs. Would either 8 or 10 lumens, 24 hours run-time be low and long enough for you? Takes one CR123/RCR123.

I've had my IncenDio for about a year, I guess, and I'm pleased with it. Tho, in the interest of full disclosure, I haven't EDC'd it. (May be sacrilegious, here, but I don't EDC any flashlight--in that I don't usually carry one on my person. I have enough c4rp in my pockets as it is.)

Jackscrj

Newly Enlightened
Sorry about that. My ld20, which is almost identical to the ld10, seems to be pretty neutral to me (doesn't have a blue tint) but i guess it is a rather cool tint. But that is my opinnion only. Hope you find a good one.

Maybe a nitecore for low low

Last edited: