My Jetbeam is BROKE - any ideas???

duck911

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

Well, I went to turn on my Jet III Pro ST today and it is out of commission.

The light will turn on, but immediately dims, strobes a bit, then just sits there on a very low setting.

When I try to access the programming, it starts low, works up to medium, flashes like it should, then ramps back down to very dim, strobes, and shuts off.

I have tried 3 batteries (18650's) that work fine in other lights.

Any ideas what it could be?

Also, I bought the light used from a member here but have the box. Any chance Jetbeam will repair it?

thanks,

--Duck911

duck911

Newly Enlightened
Not really entirely sure what you mean, but I removed the tailcap, and put a car key across the top of the battery to the flashlight body. The light flashes sort of bright for a very brief moment, then scales down, flashing a little, to almost nothing.

--Duck911

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not really entirely sure what you mean, but I removed the tailcap, and put a car key across the top of the battery to the flashlight body. The light flashes sort of bright for a very brief moment, then scales down, flashing a little, to almost nothing.

--Duck911

That is just a simple way of seeing if the switch is the problem. You did the test with your keys, and your light did the same thing, so you can rule your switch out of the equation. I am not an expert at light repair, but I would guess the problem is with the circuit board (driver?) that the LED is connected to.

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
if all else fails, i have confidence Jetbeam will fix it. they have pretty good customer service from experience.

texbaz

Newly Enlightened
remove the forward section from the body clean the very end that makes contact with the pill. Also, clean the brass contact ring, and the threads on both ends. can't hurt.

Last edited: