Help on purchasing edc flashlight

mcleanj

Newly Enlightened
Hello all,

This is my first post! :D At any rate, I'm interesting in purchasing a flashlight suitable for edc. I will be making the purchase in the next month or so, assuming I can find a flashlight that fits the bill. To give you a general idea of the sort of flashlight I am looking for, the NiteCore D10 is very close to the ideal for me. I would purchase the D10, but from what I have observed it is (or soon will be) officially discontinued, and I do not want to regret my purchase when a newer, better model comes out in a month or so. Since I am new to the world of flashlights, I am simply looking for other options comparable to the D10. I am aware that LiteFlux has similar lights, but I do not know of any other companies with similar lights.

Here are my (somewhat flexible) criteria:
Sub $100 price, preferable lower than $70 (USD)
Preferably a pocket clip, and if available a strap for use as a headlamp
Uses AA batteries of some sort
Some sort of ramping/variable output, with shortcuts to max and min output.
max output > 100 lumens
min output ~3 lumens
the longer the battery life, the better (obviously)
(if I recall any other important criteria, I'll let you folks know)

I don't care if it has SOS/strobe or not, so long as such functionality doesn't interfere with the operation of the useful features of the light.

Thanks!
--John

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi John and a warm :welcome:

After reading your requirements one light that comes to my mind in addition to the already mentioned D10 is Olight I15

You can find its review here. I have the 1xCR123 titanium version and I am rather happy with it.

Variable level is not too usual and to my knowledge it is available on a rather limited number of lights.

SEMIJim

Enlightened
The LumaPower ConneXion meets all your requirements, save the "short-cut" to high and low. On sale for $50 at Battery Junction. I have the CR123 version, the IncenDio, and I'm quite pleased with it.