Rifle mount / remote switch question

mrdctaylor

Newly Enlightened
Guys,

I've been a flashlight fan for a while, but I am not a hunter. Over the Thanksgiving holiday I was visiting with my bro-in-law who is an avid hunter. He was shocked at how bright my 4Sevens Quark AA Turbo was and started talking about how to mount it to his rifle for hunting varmints.

Anyway, he found a generic mount that he said could clamp the Quark, but he mentioned something about a remote switch to make it easier to turn on/off without having to reach out to the light. I'm assuming the remote switch would be somewhere near either his trigger hand or his other hand.

Are there any flashlights out there comparable in brightness/throw to the Quark Turbo that would have an accessory like he's talking about? Or does anyone make these type of accessories for the Quarks?

I'm just trying to get some information for him and a push in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

mrdctaylor

Newly Enlightened
Good point. His price range is much less than what those SF's appear to be. The Quark is around $75 and I think the mount he found was pretty inexpensive. I seriously doubt he'd want to spend much more than $100.

C-Beam

Newly Enlightened
What kind of rifle does he have? I use a larue mount on my AR15. I just hold the rifle normally to find the best position of the light for easy use and put it there. Tape switches are annoying.