Help me choose my New Flashlight

Zarn

Newly Enlightened
When I started looking for a quality Flashlight I had originally set a budget of fifty dollars but after trolling the forums and reading for the past week my wife gave me the go ahead for a better flashlight. I will use the light primarily for Hunting and around the home.

The most important things for me are Quality , Efficiency , Good Throw and Versatility.

I have narrowed my flashlight choices to a few models.

Olight M20 Warrior
Olight M21 Warrior
JetBeam RRT-1 Raptor
Fenix TK11 R2

Last edited:

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
For max throw, the Jetbeam RRT-1!

The jetbeam is also great quality (as are all of your options), and has a nice low mode.

Check my beamshots for a comparison of the Jetbeam RRT-1, Fenix TK11, and Olight M20 :thumbsup:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Around the house, these lights might be too bright. The Jetbeam has a nice low, so it would be the better choice if you. The M21 also has a low mode, but 20 lumen can be too much in small confined spaces.

I wouldn't worry about the quality portion, all these are great lights.

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Eagletac T100C2 has pretty good throw, and is very affordable. It also works equally well with 2 CR123's or 1 18650 battery.

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
Fenix TK20 would also be a good choice. It isn't talked about much here, but is an excellent outdoorsman's light that takes standard AA batteries and throws quite well, better than one might guess. Also, it has a very nice warm tint that makes things look great outside.

Disco-Dave

Newly Enlightened
Ive got the tk11 on the way ive got the first tk11 at the moment selling that tho :twothumbs

Nice little light tho i love it

Alberta-Blue

Newly Enlightened
If you want it for hunting, I would look into the neutral tints. The TK20 or the Malkoff M60W and M30W would do well for you depending on what your want to spend.

The Fenix TK20 is a solid light. Takes AA batteries, which can be found in abundance, has the nautral tint (for color rendering), and a pretty good output and throw. Fenix is also a resonably well respected manufactuer in the CPF world, known for its good quality vs. price lights. I personally used a TK11 R2 on duty and had no issues with it... however, I have passed my "chinese power light" phase in favor of something else :whistle:.

Depending on how much you want (or are allowed) to spend :broke:.... Maybe look into a Bored out SureFire 6P from ElectronGuru here, with a couple of AW 18650 batteries and a Malkoff M30W Drop-in :twothumbs. You COULD justify it to your wife by telling her that your light MAY outlive you... nice thing is you wouldnt be lying to her either :grin2:

It will give you the most accurate color rendering that you will find (short of an actual Incan) for your hunting, while still being very bright with good throw, rechargable, modded from and constructed from extremely high quality parts and well trusted manufactuers, and if its important to you-- Its American Made ('cept the AW 18650 Battery).

Just my $0.02 though... make sure you do all of your research and are happy with your choice BEFORE you pull the trigger. :lolsign: