Thoughts and prayers to the families of the 4 slain police officers

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
My heartfelt thoughts and prayers to the families of the 4 police officers horrifically slain in Washington. I cannot imagine the pain and anguish those families are felling today. I solute all the brave men and women who serve their communities in law enforcement. Despicable, senseless and cowardly act, there are no words.......

RAGE CAGE

Enlightened
Interesting point of view reply from the article link directly above:
Maybe some LEO regulars on this forum could share their opinions of lessons learned or similar dept. policies.

"I'm a former police officer from the Bay Area in CA. Our deparment regulations forbade more then two officers at a time in a coffee shop, Time limit was 20 minutes.

Think about it: Not only does it LOOK like four police officers are "goofing off"..so there's the PR angle.

One policeman by him self is very alert and diligent. Two officers..well.. a bit more relaxed. Four officers in a coffee shop for two hours? None of them were wary..the "safety in numbers syndrome" kicked in big time.

Departmental policies need review. My God what a terrible scene!!"

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
What a tragedy for someone to gun down four armed police officers in a coffe shop.

Last edited:

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have no knowledge of police policies in such matters. I do believe, however, that police officers have as much right to sit in a coffee shop as you or I. I also believe that they have the right to do so without being attacked and murdered. I think it's more appropriate to focus less on any perceived policy issues and more on the person who murdered innocent police officers. This Christmas, there will be four empty dinner plates. Each of them represents a dad, mom, husband or wife who will never be seen again. That's about as bad as it gets in my book. Just my 2 cents.

Maybe some LEO regulars on this forum could share their opinions of lessons learned or similar dept. policies.

"I'm a former police officer from the Bay Area in CA. Our deparment regulations forbade more then two officers at a time in a coffee shop, Time limit was 20 minutes.

Think about it: Not only does it LOOK like four police officers are "goofing off"..so there's the PR angle.

One policeman by him self is very alert and diligent. Two officers..well.. a bit more relaxed. Four officers in a coffee shop for two hours? None of them were wary..the "safety in numbers syndrome" kicked in big time.

hron61

Flashlight Enthusiast
sad...very sad indeed. i am only 3 miles from the crime scene. it was a rude awakening this morning when i got up. i was in shock for about an hour. how could someone like that be on OUR STREETS?.... not in my town, not in my backyard! i do know a female cop (knew her only beacause one job i had she came in once and awhile.) i hope it's not her. no names or pics have been released yet. please pray for the families.

Last edited:

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rest in peace. May in not be in vein.

You all might want to look into what is going on locally. Two very important things are happen here and other places that I know.

1) Crime is going up. Everywhere.

2) Police budgets are being cut along with officers.

This might be unrelated, but the public needs to support LE because in this economic time, public safety seems to be strained before other areas that are somewhat useless.

LUPARA

Newly Enlightened
Having read a couple of pages of comments in the link provided above; the one thing that stands out for me, is the devastation visited upon the families and the communities in which the officers lived and worked. It's hard to fathom.
I for one; will find the name of the judge that allowed this perp to walk the streets; and write him a terse letter asking for his resignation. I suspect that the governor will also hear from me. No community should be stuck with a judge that lets a guy with multiple felony charges to his credit; walk the street to rack-up another charge. Time to call out judges like this.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
a little update...
seems the suspect was hit with return fire. goooood. i hope the ******* bleeds out all of his scumbag red crap. sorry a little ranting there.
its a massive manhunt going on here for him, we have a wonderful police force in these parts and its only a matter of time. the cops had 9 kids between them. what a shame. i will be going to the memorial outside of the precinct today, its just overflowing with cards, prayers and things. its good to know the community feels the pain and shares it with the officers families.
huckabee, your a scumbag also. you should be held accountable for this. he should have never been set free. :scowl::scowl:

Don't forget about the Judge who let him out on bail on charges of assault in a P.O. and child rape. There will come a time, again, when criminals are treated like they should be, and not with this current attitude of "criminal rights." The criminal in most criminal court systems is treated like a victim, with an automatic rehabilitation type attitude, instead of what is really needed: harsh punishment.

lightplay22

Enlightened
Scum like this should only be let out for a trip to the crematorium.......

Heartfelt prayers and sympathy to the families of the fallen, and a BIG THANK YOU! to all who serve and protect.

This kind of junk makes me so mad I better not say any more right now.

lightplay22

Enlightened
Just heard a report on fox news that perp was found and would not surrender, was shot, and has died.

Heart goes out to the families of murdered officers, such a sad tragedy on all fronts.

xtremesports973

Newly Enlightened
Our thoughts and prayers are with the families of the fallen officers. The holidays will go by and most of us will forget, but those four families will always remember that day thier mother, father ,sister ,brother was slain without a purpose... what a shame for this to happen...

We can second guess all of this but lets remember whats done is done nothing can change that. All we have to do now is remember our mistakes and move forward...

God bless all those who serve...

Empath

Flashaholic
Unnecessary politics, thread threatening commentary, and personal discussion of one another removed, isolated, and closed.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Sincere condolences to the families of the slain officers, and praise to all who sacrifice for the good of their communities.

May their families somehow get through this Christmas season. Does anyone know if there is there a fund setup to contribute to them?

Very glad they caught, challenged, shot, and killed the murderer. Now there will be no further prison release problems.

sed6

Enlightened

Your criticisms ARE well founded, HOWEVER it's not that far astray from saying a gal who was raped was "asking for it" cause of how she was dressed. See what I mean?

EDITED

Last edited:

gostanova

Newly Enlightened
R.I.P. Brothers and Sister, We'll take it from here.....You will not be forgotten.
Deputy Gosta Zetterberg, Pima County Sheriff's Dept.

Last edited:

Lightraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Link to the Lakewood Police Independent Guild--LPIG, which is accepting donations for the families of the murdered officers.

http://www.lpig.us/

I am only passing this on from a post on a credentialed website, 10-8forums, and have not in any way verified it.