Question regarding the eagletac lights...

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys,
I've been eyeing the eagletac monster for a little while but i'm a little bit confused regarding the many different versions.

I'm seeing the different versions with different beam patterns listed in the descriptions on the eagletac site.

Which version has the most flood in the beam?

I'm thinking it's the

EagleTac M2C4

Since the description is: Beam characteristics: Flood with moderate throw

Or is it the one that says good balance of flood and with moderate throw?

Just a little confusing.

Thanks in advance!

haplo

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys,
I've been eyeing the eagletac monster for a little while but i'm a little bit confused regarding the many different versions.

I'm seeing the different versions with different beam patterns listed in the descriptions on the eagletac site.

Which version has the most flood in the beam?

I'm thinking it's the

EagleTac M2C4

Since the description is: Beam characteristics: Flood with moderate throw

Or is it the one that says good balance of flood and with moderate throw?

Just a little confusing.

Thanks in advance!

I would also like an answer of that. They make three lights that are very similar.. What is the pros/cons of each one?

And, is the waterproof issue a thing of the past for new orders of these lights?

And not to hijack this thread, but...
I heard some rumors of Eagletac possibly releasing something like the SF A2L. Can anyone confirm? That would be awesome to have a multilevel white beam with a secondary red. Other than the cost, that's the one thing that stops me from buying the SF A2L - you're stuck with moderate white output that isn't adjustable. It'd be great to have such a versatile light that you could have something like 5-60-120-300 lumens or so from the white, and a low intensity red led (like 5 lumens or such) for night vision preservation...
...If the rumors are false, Eagletac (and others) - HINT HINT.

H.

lebox97

Enlightened
you guy's didn't mention the M2XC4...
which has even more flood and throw than the M2C4 or M2SC4 ;)

see my sig line side-by-side beam pics to compare the intensity of both spill/throw...
M2C4 has much wider spill - but not as bright a spill as the M2XC4.

(Some of the long distance shots are missing as I am going to redo all of the long distance shots in a couple weeks with the new moon - and probably go with something around 75yds for a better comparison between all of the lights)
:grin2:

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Alin10123,
The M2C4 has the most flood and the M2SC4 is better balanced with a little more throw but still floody.

you guy's didn't mention the M2XC4...
which has even more flood and throw than the M2C4 or M2SC4 ;)

see my sig line side-by-side beam pics to compare the intensity of both spill/throw...

Hmm... a little confused...

So... floodiest light would be the m2xc4?

Art

Enlightened
I have both the M2C4 and the M2XC4... no way the M2XC4 has more flood then the M2C4 its exaclty the oposite.
In my lux meter the M2XC4 has like 25% more throw then the M2C4.
The new M2SC4 I have never tested it.

Mike@PTS

Enlightened
No the M2XC4 is designed for throw, that's why I didn't mention it. The M2XC4 does have good spill like most XR-E based flashlights with reflectors. I think lebox97 is confusing flood beam and spill light. :shakehead

lebox97

Enlightened
... compare the intensity of both spill/throw...
:grin2:

yup, good point - I was talking about intensity of the spill, which is visibly brighter with the M2XC4 vs the comparatively dim flood of the M2C4 -
but, add the free diffuser filter and whatcha got?

Options of - the most flood, most spill, or most throw - out of one light?
Hence the popularity of the M2XC4 model :thumbsup:

4150931985_937495d45c_o.jpg

http://www.illuminationgear.com/SIDEBYSIDE27729.html

your opinions may differ... :)

EDIT: The M2 series review linked above confirm what I am suggesting. Look at the grassy flood/spill area of each light in the pictures.
Then, imagine a diffuser filter added to any of the 3 models for a WALL of light. :)

Last edited:

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seems like m2xc4 has the most amount of spill brightness. Now... the question is... cool? or warm? is 140lm difference really noticeable?