CMG Infinity mod vs. Arc AAA

xvs

Newly Enlightened
OK, I just got my Arc AAA and compared it to my CMG Infinity, which I have recently modified by scraping off the black dot.

I was impressed that the CMG appeared to get almost twice as bright when the dot was removed, but the Arc AAA about twice as bright as the CMG after the mod!

I am now a believer. Arc AAA rules. This thing is never leaving my pocket (unless I lose it...).

Well worth the $16.50 that countycomm.com charges for it (but they say the price is going up soon).

ChrisA

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
This thing is never leaving my pocket (unless I lose it...)

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh so true... Attach it to your keys or get a lanyard for it, otherwise it's lost pretty easily. Oh, and welcome to the club /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Chris

BrianC

Newly Enlightened
The standard Infinity was never really a direct comparison against the Arc AAA anyway. For a fair comparison, you should be comparing the Ultra.

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of the reviewers tested the standard Infinity at 6 Lux, the Infinity Ultra at 28 Lux.

NO comparison. I have three Ultras, plan to try Lithiums in those.

xvs

Newly Enlightened
I haven't seen an Ultra, but some postings here seemed to be saying that without the black dot, the Infinity was almost as bright as an Ultra.

If your 6 lux vs 28 is correct, that would all make sense:

- Infinity with black dot - 6 lux
- without black dot - 12 lux
- Arc AAA - at least 2x again as bright.

So I need a lanyard, huh? Where do I get one of those?

AZMAN

Newly Enlightened
The ARC AAA needs to be compared to the CMG Infinity ULTRA.

I like the Ultra.

Zeppert

Enlightened
I have the 2 Ultra's and 4 Arc LE's. My Infinity Ultra's are just a bit brighter than my Arc LE's, while the Arc LE is a bit whiter overall. But both my Ultra's have Lithiums and I have machined the green reflector and made it nice and shiny. Conclusion: My Ultra's are brighter than my LE's. (Did I already say that?)

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
JohnK said:
One of the reviewers tested the standard Infinity at 6 Lux, the Infinity Ultra at 28 Lux.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I recall correctly the Arc AAA came in at 20.

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
JJHitt said:
I had a turquoise ARC I kept track of by attaching it to a favorite knife.

I lost the knife.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROTFLMAO
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered 2 more of the Arc 1xAAA from Countycomm.com last Friday at $13.00 per. Just in time too, 'cause the next day I didn't see them listed. Great little personal lights.

Comparing my CMG Ultra and my Arc AAA, I agree that the Ultra is a little brighter and the Arc's light is a little less blue. The Arc 1xAAA is perfect for my keychain. But, I like using the CMG more. The size and lanyard setup work well for me.
BC