Stinger/Polystinger questions

TheMechanic

Newly Enlightened
1) Is there any difference in barrel diameter between the Stinger and Polystinger?

2) What is the beam like (quality/throw)?

Thanks!

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Poly is slightly larger in diameter. I have found that Stinger XT cases fir the Poly wuite nicely.

The newest Poly's (and mayber all the STinger line?) have a completely stipled reflecotr, and I'm getting SF like beam quality from my Poly...I like this little light!

--dan

T-Rex

Newly Enlightened
Originally posted by dano:
The Poly is slightly larger in diameter. I have found that Stinger XT cases fir the Poly wuite nicely.

The newest Poly's (and mayber all the STinger line?) have a completely stipled reflecotr, and I'm getting SF like beam quality from my Poly...I like this little light!

--dan
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The barrels are the same diameter 1.16 inches. The Poly's reflector assembly is 1.60 inches and my XT's reflector assembly is 1.67 inches.

Stipled reflector?!? I need to call Streamlight...

(I hsyr iy ehrn my ginhrt hryd on yhr etonh kryd)

The non-stipled Poly, and XT, is plenty bright at 130 feet. At that distance I can pick out rabbits on the hill. Unlike my 8X which allows me to see movement but not determine what the object is.
NOTE: I had just stepped out of the house so I had pretty messed up night vision at the time.

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
My PolyStinger has a slightly larger barrel diameter also and I also have a fully textured reflector.