Replacing Fenix LD10 and ARC AAA

turbo311

Newly Enlightened
Hey all, first post.

I've had my ARC AAA light for years now and I can see LED light tech has advanced considerably in that time. Plus it's all beat up and ugly from being on my keyring.

I like the Fenix LD01, I like the new ARC AAA and Ti AAA, any others to look at? The Draco is out of my price range.

Also, I want to replace my Fenix LD10 with something a little more custom feeling and I think the Arc6 is what I'm looking for, but I know there's a lot of 123 light choices out there.

HKJ

Flashaholic
Hey all, first post.

I've had my ARC AAA light for years now and I can see LED light tech has advanced considerably in that time. Plus it's all beat up and ugly from being on my keyring.

I like the Fenix LD01, I like the new ARC AAA and Ti AAA, any others to look at? The Draco is out of my price range.

For a keychain light I would look at titanium lights, they are rather cheap at the current time. The two best candidates to get are 4Sevens Preon and BatteriJunctions IlluminaTi.

turbo311

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the recommendations!

Well firstly I'm replacing a PD20, not LD10. My mistake.

I did a lot of research last night and I have some results. I discovered that I prefer twist cap activation to clicky, but piston activated is something very cool and new to me. So after much debate while browsing 4sevens I ordered a NiteCore EZ AA! LD10 is out of stock. Can't wait for it to arrive!

And it looks like I'll be getting a Surefire Titan in a trade! Never had a Surefire before. Too expensive IMO, but a trade it's worth it.

Might also be soon obtaining a McGizmo Sapphire or ARC Ti AAA!

I plan on getting a LiteFlux LF2XT as soon as Natural finish is available again. That one is so nice and I should have at least one clicky AAA light.

I turned into a flashaholic in less than 24 hours without handling a single light. At least they're more affordable than my $400-$900 knives :twothumbs

fyrstormer

Banned
I know it's even more out of your price range, but if you can swing the cash to buy a McGizmo Haiku and cry it out in the shower afterwards, it'll be the last light you ever buy. (or need to, anyway. :whistle:) Think of it as investing for the long-term; you'll even be able to swap out the emitter later on.

CIMG3527a.png

turbo311

Newly Enlightened
I know it's even more out of your price range, but if you can swing the cash to buy a McGizmo Haiku and cry it out in the shower afterwards, it'll be the last light you ever buy. (or need to, anyway. :whistle:) Think of it as investing for the long-term; you'll even be able to swap out the emitter later on.

CIMG3527a.png

I do like those a lot. I like the McLuxIII Ti PD even more. I'll have one eventually. But I'm not really into all the emitter specs and detail most people here live for. I just want a light that I like the look of, is reliable, bright and efficient with two or three modes. No frills for me. I'm leaning towards a Surefire E2D as an EDC with my keyring NiteCore EZ AA or Arc Titanium AAA lights.