Lenser P14

discodog

Newly Enlightened
I have just purchased the above & thought that I would post some thoughts from a newbie point of view.

I have an old lenser V2 Tactical (3 C cells) & following revues here I decided to get a P14. It's main use is for daily night dog walking on a very rugged coastline. I am so impressed with the P14. It's focussing is superb. My only comment would be that it would be nice if it focused a little tighter but not at the expense of flood width. My only other suggestion regarding focusing is that a knurled ring would be useful to aid grip when focussing.

I have read here that the low power setting is not much use. I strongly disagree. It is perfect for illuminating a path without wrecking one's night vision. Incidentally I dug out my old 6 cell Krypton Maglight - the P14 on low power spot is way brighter (god how things have changed !).
It would be a little better if one could switch on low power without activating a second of high power - night vision again.

The other thing that has me wondering is that the case would not need to be much wider to accommodate 8 AA's !. This could provide more power or a spare set. The pouch is excellent quality but maybe could be designed to be a little less bulky.

But all in all the P14 is a stunner & worth ever cent. It cost me €60. Last night I met a local farmer who copied me some years ago & bought a Clulight (sealed lead acid with 12 volt lamp ). He just could not believe how his huge torch was being blown away by the P14

mknewman

Newly Enlightened
When I was first looking at getting a new light my family saw me looking at a Coast P14 and got me one for Father's Day. Then I found this forum and now have a dozen lights and a few more on order. My opinion of the P14 is it's ok, for a commercial light, but get a single 18650 battery and a Solarforce L2 or even better L2P, along with a Nailbender SST-90 3 mode P60 drop-in and you won't believe the results. Hugely brighter than the Coast, 1/4 the size, easily pocketable, and NO rings or hassle focusing.

The Coast is well made for what it is, but it's a commercial light where the stuff you'll find here is hobbyist. Oh, for the L2 I described you'll pay about double, $120 or so.

Marc

droeun

Newly Enlightened
I have a 7736 & a T7 - thought they were the shiznit until I find out they weren't regulated. It's now my beater light that I let others use so I don't have to worry about them dropping my M20, DBS or TK40.

They get dimmer when the batteries get low on juice. Not a biggie for some, but a major drawback for most. You'll probably like it for a few more weeks... tops :D

:welcome:

Bubu

Newly Enlightened
I think there are a few people on this forum that started out with a Led Lenser, including myself, also with the P14.

They are not a bad light most people here dont like them because they are not regulated. Meaning as the battery levels drop so does the brightness of the light. You tend not to really notice until you put new batteries in.

Now that I have tried a Fenix I find the light switch on the Led Lenser a bit annoying due to the momentary turbo between output levels. Its also annoying holding the button in the right place to get that turbo mode.

Turbo DV8

Flashlight Enthusiast
...get a single 18650 battery and a Solarforce L2 or even better L2P, along with a Nailbender SST-90 3 mode P60 drop-in and you won't believe the results. Hugely brighter than the Coast, 1/4 the size, easily pocketable, and NO rings or hassle focusing.

Does it focus at all? Some people like the Lensers for their trait of going from spot to flood with the unique prism optic.

Last edited: