Best place to buy lithium batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shootist16

Newly Enlightened
Is there a good online source for lithium batteries for my surefire and Inova X5T flashlights?

Saaby

Flashaholic
cheapbatteries.com

You can get CR123s for $2 each or CR223s (2 123s in a plastic shell) for $2

Plus shipping of course...

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a very good price. There's gotta be a catch (there always is). Has anyone gotten these and check the date on the batteries? I suspect they are towards the end of their shelf life. Can anyone report on this?

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Botach (no flames please) sells the Toshiba CR123A for $30 for 20 (sometimes $25 for 20). They say these are current. No way to tell, as there is no date on the battery ( in English). I've had good luck with these batteries.

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
CM,
I've never read of anyone here getting old batteries from cheapbatteries. They advertise to be fresh, so I suspect they are. I bought 123's last year for $1.67 ea (shipped) with a 2011 date. There are good deals on the net. TX

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Roy, I think I'm gonna have to give these a try. Should probably work OK in a KL1 since the current drain is moderate.

shootist16

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the replies. I'll give cheapbatteries a try. I have had bad luck w/ Botach in the past and there are a lot of threads bashing them so I think I'll pass on them.

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by txwest:
CM,
I've never read of anyone here getting old batteries from cheapbatteries. They advertise to be fresh, so I suspect they are. I bought 123's last year for $1.67 ea (shipped) with a 2011 date. There are good deals on the net. TX
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">txwest, that's useful information. Now I think I'll have to give them a try

Status
Not open for further replies.