LSH-ST vs. LSH-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

Enlightened
Since Peter is gonna have a sale on the LSH-ST, I guess it's time to pick up my first ARC LS! But... Is the Premium version's tint alot better than the Standard? Has anyone handled both the Standard and the Premium? Do the standards lean towards the blueish tint or the greenish tint? Thanks!

-Josh

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Beam tint should be the same for both Premiums and Standards. Both use luxeons with 3/4 color ratings (shouldn't be too green or too blue). The difference is that the Premiums use luxeons from the brighter bins. Premiums get Q's or P's while standards get M's or N's.

Pat

snuffy

Enlightened
I have a LSH-S and a LSH-P. Both have the same tint and beam to my eyes. The LSH-P is brighter.
Both are very nice lights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

snuffy

Enlightened
The difference is noticeable at a distance but up close, unless you have them pointed at a wall, it's pretty hard to spot.

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Josh,

The premiums, on average are 60% brighter on the meter. That's hard to spot from memory. That is, if I use my standard and later use my premium, I'm not aware of a difference. But if I shine them together, I can see the difference, although, as it turns out, 60% doen't seem like a big difference.

I hope that is of some help and not confusing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Paul

dtsoll

Enlightened
The LSH-P is my favorite light and is a little brighter compared to my LSH-S. Although, the LSH-S is not very far behind IMO. Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BigMac

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Penguin said:
So visibly, it's not too far apart? Hmm, but 60 percent sounds like ALOT... wait for the LS4?

[/ QUOTE ]

With the price on these now, I went ahead and bought and LSH-ST. I figure: there are alot of dark nights between now and october. When the LS4 comes out, I will probably sell my LSH-ST and buy and LS4. I will probably be able to sell it at the same price as I bought it, considereing how low Peter is selling them now. Just my 2 cents. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BigMac

Enlightened
Penguin, I actually just ordered it today when I saw the sale. If it weren't for the sale, I would probably not have bought it. After all, if I buy it at regualr price then I would most likely loose money when I sold it back when the LS4 came out. This way, I will most likely at least break even. However, I have no doubts as to how much I will like it. It will be my first LS light (from any company). I will definitely make a post with my first impressions when I recieve the light, but by then the slae might be over. I don't know when I will get it, but does anyone know how long FedEx Express Saver shipping takes? Penguin, I reccomend getting an LSH-ST now. I don't see the point in getting an LSH-P when I plan on selling it for a newer model later, but I don't know if you plan on getting an LS4 when it comes out. I don't have the money for both, but I can justify one. Basically, I am just getting the standard so I don't go crazy before october. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif That would be a long time to spend in the dark!

stangster

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Penguin said:
....how do you like your LSH-Standard?

[/ QUOTE ]

The LSH-S is the brightest, farthest thowing LED light readily available in it's size. The only thing brighter would be the LSH-P. I don't have one (yet) but I'm not at all in a hurry because my LSH-S is better than any other LED light I currently have. The quality is bar-none. The white LED is actually white. Some experience slight purple, blue, milky white, etc. tint variations but compare it to any other LED light you have and it will look white. Compare it to any other incan you have and it will make them look yellow....regardless of how bright they are.

I carry my LSH-S where ever and when ever I have a pocket available. Even in the day time. (how nerdy is that? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
Penguin
I'll tell you what I have seen & maybe it will help you make
up your mind. I EDC a ARC LSH-P, it's snow white. I also
have a another LSH-P also snow white. I bought 2 LSL-S's &
both have a little purple in them. I bought 4 factory
seconds. One was a LSH-P which had some bubbles around the
edge of the lens otherwise it's OK & is as white as my
other LSH-Ps. The second is a LSL-P it has a yellow tint,
but I didn't see anything else wrong. The third is a LSH-S,
it has some scratches on the lens, but the beam is OK.
The fourth is a LSL-S it has a purple tint & some scratches
on the lens. The LSH-P's are my favorite but I could be
quite happy with the LSH-S. All are great lights &
serviceable. I hope this helps.

BigMac

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif Mine isn't here yet! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

(If you are wondering why I posted this, it is because I wanted everyone to feel sorry for me)

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
whodat said:
Penquin,check out www.batterystation.com, cpf dealer,good prices and service.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does batterystation sell Arc LS's? I don't see them on his website. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.