Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hotlips-C and D heatsinks. ALL AVAILABLE

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Hotlips-C and D heatsinks. ALL AVAILABLE

MEET THE FAMILY:
    -----------------------
    Hotlips-D NEXGEN:
    This is a version 3 of the popular original Hotlips heatsink. Fits the ~34mm OAD (Ontario Aluminium) body snugly. Note the chunkier lips [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Hotlips-C NEXGEN:
    This is the version 3 heatsink for a NEWER C-sized OA, ie OAC, with serial # starting with C. The OD of the heatsink is ~26mm. The bottom recess is large enough to fit the Ecan (available from the Shoppe) comfortably.

Sleeve:
    The Sleeve will take the ~26mm diam Hotlips-C to ~28mm to fit snugly into older OACs.
    *** This item is no longer offered for sale. Instead it will be given away for free and included with your order if you specify that you have an older OAC. You will most likely need to freeze/heat the Hotlips-C and Sleeve combination to make the complete heatsink for your older OACs. Available whilst stocks last.

FORMAT:
    -----------------------
    Hotlips-D and Hotlips-C will also be available in Configuration #3 and Configuration #5. Config #3 being the LuxeonIII mating (LuxIII epoxied to the Hotlips) and Config #5 being the LuxeonV mating (LuxV epoxied to the Hotlips).

COST:
    -----------------------
    <ul type="square"> [*]Hotlips-D is $14 ea. [*]Hotlips-C is $14 ea. [*]The Sleeve is $2 ea. *** The Sleeves are now free with your Hotlips-C NEXGEN ***[*]Hotlips-C or Hotlips-D Config #3 (Luxeon III, current bin is TX1K) is $32 ea. [*]Hotlips-C or Hotlips-D Config #5 (Luxeon V, current bin is VX1T) is $49 ea. [/list]
    Postage is $6 for up to a total of 6 Hotlips to North America. $7.00 to the UK and EU. A$5 in Australia.

If you want insurance, please add $5 for insured value to $50. Add $2 for additional $50 insured value.
    Eg. To insure for $92, add $5+2=$7 to the total. To insure for $150, add $5+2+2= $9 to the total.

Because the items are sent via regular Air Mail, there is no tracking facilities available.

Please send non credit card Paypal or positive balance Paypal. If paying by CC Paypal, the prices are $14.50, $33.40 and $50.90 respectively. Send CC Paypal. There is no change in the postage rate. Kindly itemise your order and include your CPF handle. Any questions, feel free to email me [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] or ask here.

FITMENT GUIDE:
    -----------------------
    Hotlips-D
    Black body: snug (need sanding of the ID of the OAD opening)
    Silver body: snug (need sanding of the ID of the OAD opening)
    Red body: perfect
    Blue body: perfect
    Green: perfect
    Pewter: perfect

Hotlips-C
    Black body: perfect
    Silver body: perfect
    Pewter body: perfect

Hotlips-C with Sleeve
    Black body: perfect
    Silver body: perfect

HOTLIPS SPECIAL - CLOSED

Since the modding season is coming up (oh, was it the jolly season [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]), I am doing a Hotlips Xmas special:

For any CPFer who has previously bought a Hotlips heatsink from me directly, you will get a FREE Hotlips-C or Hotlips-D if you order 3 heatsinks. That is, pay for 3 and get 1 extra one free. $48 for any 4 Hotlips ordered, using non CC Paypal (or $49.50 for CC Paypal), shipped to you ANYWHERE.

For any Hotlips newbies, as an enticement, you will also get a free Hotlips-C or Hotlips-D if you order 3 heatsinks. How good is that!

This offer will end on the weekend of Dec 11th-12th so that your order will arrive before Christmas. Given Christmas mail is usually delayed closer to the day, you should order well before the end of this offer to make sure it does get to you in time.

Go forth and mod(ify) [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] and seasons greetings. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/paypal.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/paypal.gif[/img]

Paypal details are available in the first post.

HOTLIPS SPECIAL - CLOSED

Here are some pics of the hotlips going into the Mag. Note that I have not removed the switching mechanism to remove the bulb holder. When that is done, the hotlips will simply drop in (without needing any force as the picture shows).

Standard D size mag, serial # D3023884521

Hotlips dropped in (without removing bulb holder)

Hotlips pushed in to show the level of the heatsink relative to the rim of the Mag -- flush!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
    Last edited by hotbeam; 11-25-2006 at 12:59 AM.

Default Re: Premium Heatsinks for the Mag.

so...what do you guys think? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Nice!

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh..

Paypal Sent!
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

PS: Sasha, we really need a drooling graemlin...
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif[/img]

Glad you like it Choua [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Hark!
    PP has been sent (for 1 HS)...
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
    Rothrandir said:
    so...what do you guys think? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the best that i've seen. Two thumbs up. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Default Re: *Announcing* premium \"hotlips\" heatsinks

Howard, I just sent PayPal for complete flashlight ready to run!! I can't wait!

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Default Re: *Announcing* premium

Dat2zip, lildave [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. Be sure to show us your hotlips powered lights here.

Crossman. PP received. Will keep you informed of progress.

Flashaholic*

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif[/img] Rothrandir,
    I have just been given an AT-100 from Numai, [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] although it is a nice flashlight right out of the package my mind is a whirl with ideas. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif[/img] Your hotlips heat sink may just fit the bill for something a little odd but pretty cool. I have been thinking of a combination single L/S and 7 five-millimeter LEDs as this flashlight has a switch that could make this possible.
    The deal is I need to get some measurements from you on your hotlips. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]I would like to know the thickness of the heat sink in the depression surrounding the pedestal the L/S sits on. I would also like to know the over all height to the stop point and height including the stop point, diameter of your heat sinks is important as well if you could please. I have a pair of venires and can size up the flashlight to see if your heat sink will work for me. It may just end up that I go for a straight L/S mod because of the heat sink heating the 5-millimeter LEDs and the space allotted. I am just going through the thought stages now.[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif[/img] This thing is a great mod body but it may not have the amount of aluminum needed for sinking a five watt. Then again I may just want a hand warmer this winter too. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif[/img] I would appreciate any information you could help me with.
    Thanks,
    Wylie

Enlightened

I am in CA and got my "hotlips" last week and they are absolutely awesome I can hardly wait to mount a 5W lux from elektrolumens up to one of these.

If you would be interested in C sized "hotlips" let hot beam know as he is considering the idea if there is enough interest

Hi Wylie

The "donut" depression is 3mm deep from the main part of the pedestal. There is 0.5mm centering post on top of that. Diam is just under 34mm. What do you mean by stop point? Could you please elaborate?

Feel free to PM me as well if you wish.

Hotbeam

Flashaholic*

The stop point is the edge at the top that stops the heat sink from going all the way into the flashlight housing. let me get something together and I will post it so this will be easier. Hang on.
    Thsi should help to explain the measurements I am interested in. Sorry I took so long i had to change the format but I got it done. What I could do with cad!
    Sorry forgot to ask, could you give this to me in inches or I guess i could convert it too.
    I just took a measurement on the inside diameter and it is at 1.41 inches or 35.8140 millimeters. It looks like the Hot Lips is going to be a little sloppy in this thing if I go this way. What if I were to draw up something and give you the measurements?

Default Re: *Announcing* premium \"Hotlips\" heatsinks

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif[/img]

Where can I buy emitters and boards for these heatsinks?

Regads,
    David

www.elektrolumens.com
    http://www.anlighten.com/shop/default.php

The above are two of my favorite online stores -- both are run by great owners who will work to get you what you want. For the record -- the second store's servers seem to encounter down time sometimes. If you get a 'Cannot find server' error or whatever, then just try again later.

I'm in for a configuration 1 or 2, D size Hotlips.

Thanks Luke!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Regards,
    David

Lukek It depends on your design and complexity. I dont have fast and available internet access at the moment (until 22/8), will email more later [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

shankus EM replied.

Should I just send the paypal now for configuration 2?

Flashaholic

Default Re: Premium Hotlips-C/D heatsinks... **NOW IN STOCK**

Just received two D's today. Very professional packaging. Thank you!!

JH and LED... Thanks [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

All... As soon as the VWAVs arrive, 27th Oct, will get all those config #2s out. Thanks for your patience

Hi Howard,

can I still place a order for a Hotlip-C with VWAV's, or are they already assigned?
    I would take one Hotlip C, whithout LED, and one with VWAV and two sleeves.

best regards,

Peter

Default Re: Premium Hotlips-C/D heatsinks... **NOW IN STOC

Just received my VWAV. Arctic silvered them onto 10 Hotlips and ALL were white/white.
    Woo hoo! Posting them out tomorrow. Thanks for the wait guys. You won't be disappointed. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Hi Howard,

I've send you the Paypal (1 Hotlips-C,1 Hotlips-C config#2 and 2 sleeves).

Thank you in advance!

Peter

Flashaholic

Just a question about installing the hotlips in a 3D mag. Do you have to remove the bulb holder in order to drop in the hotlips? If so how do you go about doing that? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif[/img]

Meatman... Try this link, this link or this link

Flashaholic

Hotbeam: Hotlips have arrived and it fits perfect! Thanx!

Now I'll only have to wait for my UCL lens and new m@g-reflector [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Flashaholic*

Hotbeam, received my second order of Hotlips. thanx again. talk to ya soon for some more.

Paypal sent for three more Hotlips-C. Thanks.

Default Re: Premium Hotlips-C/D heatsinks... ** IN STOCK **

How is the current inventory holding up? It's O.K. to order these, correct? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast