Acebeam        
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Thread: Hotlips-C and D heatsinks. ALL AVAILABLE

Default Re: Premium Heatsinks for the Mag.

sorry monanza, nothing from paypal received in the 3 hours to now since your post. can you please confirm?

Thank you Graham.

On the way to you up the Pacific [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Flashaholic*

hotbeam, thanks for the heads up. New paypal just sent and old one cancelled. I must have been half asleep when I sent the first one 'cause I misspelled your email address [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smoker5.gif[/img].

Cheers.

Got my heatsinks today. Thanks hotbeam and Roth for making these available to us. I can't wait to put one into use.

I just got mine they look great.

Default Re: *Announcing* premium \"hotlips\" heatsinks

Howard, I just sent PayPal for complete flashlight ready to run!! I can't wait!

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Default Re: *Announcing* premium

Dat2zip, lildave [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. Be sure to show us your hotlips powered lights here.

Crossman. PP received. Will keep you informed of progress.

Flashaholic*

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif[/img] Rothrandir,
    I have just been given an AT-100 from Numai, [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] although it is a nice flashlight right out of the package my mind is a whirl with ideas. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif[/img] Your hotlips heat sink may just fit the bill for something a little odd but pretty cool. I have been thinking of a combination single L/S and 7 five-millimeter LEDs as this flashlight has a switch that could make this possible.
    The deal is I need to get some measurements from you on your hotlips. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]I would like to know the thickness of the heat sink in the depression surrounding the pedestal the L/S sits on. I would also like to know the over all height to the stop point and height including the stop point, diameter of your heat sinks is important as well if you could please. I have a pair of venires and can size up the flashlight to see if your heat sink will work for me. It may just end up that I go for a straight L/S mod because of the heat sink heating the 5-millimeter LEDs and the space allotted. I am just going through the thought stages now.[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif[/img] This thing is a great mod body but it may not have the amount of aluminum needed for sinking a five watt. Then again I may just want a hand warmer this winter too. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif[/img] I would appreciate any information you could help me with.
    Thanks,
    Wylie

Enlightened

I am in CA and got my "hotlips" last week and they are absolutely awesome I can hardly wait to mount a 5W lux from elektrolumens up to one of these.

If you would be interested in C sized "hotlips" let hot beam know as he is considering the idea if there is enough interest

Hi Wylie

The "donut" depression is 3mm deep from the main part of the pedestal. There is 0.5mm centering post on top of that. Diam is just under 34mm. What do you mean by stop point? Could you please elaborate?

Feel free to PM me as well if you wish.

Hotbeam

Flashaholic*

The stop point is the edge at the top that stops the heat sink from going all the way into the flashlight housing. let me get something together and I will post it so this will be easier. Hang on.
    Thsi should help to explain the measurements I am interested in. Sorry I took so long i had to change the format but I got it done. What I could do with cad!
    Sorry forgot to ask, could you give this to me in inches or I guess i could convert it too.
    I just took a measurement on the inside diameter and it is at 1.41 inches or 35.8140 millimeters. It looks like the Hot Lips is going to be a little sloppy in this thing if I go this way. What if I were to draw up something and give you the measurements?

Aqua:35.9mm, pink:15mm, brown:33.8mm, blue:16mm
    How do those dimensions look in your mod?

Flashaholic*

It looks a little sloppy in the flashlight I have here. Real close though.
    So would you want to turn a custom sink for me [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img] I mean so what would you charge me anyway?

I am sure Roth would be *thrilled* to get a PM from you to do such a thing [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. Roth, got time? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif[/img]

Flashaholic*

I'll have to do some noggin scratching and see how well I can rig this thing. Thanks hotbeam I'll do that, sure hope he has the time. Bummer is I will have to build the mod first and then find the right bin LED but it is not biggy. I was hoping I could just get the LED with the sink but I do have some Artic Alumina left. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

There has been good interest for Hotlips C. Please PM or leave me a message on the number you require and once the number reaches an economical level, I will organise its production. Costs will be marginally lower than the current D sized Hotlips.

Enlightened

Hotbeam,

I wanted you to know that I received the two HotLips heatsinks Saturday in the mail, er post. They are *perfect*! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] It turns out that I have an older D-cell Maglite that has a larger ID (37mm), so I will need to buy a new light to mod. This gives me the excuse I need to get a red or blue one! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

A big ATTABOY to you and Roth for the design collaboration. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif[/img]

Thanks again for offering these fine heatsinks to members of the CPF. I can only imagine how much effort it takes to manage a project like this!

--Mike451

Flashaholic

Got'em!! They look great!...

Thanks

Looks great! PP sent for a config 1.

I'd be even more interested in the C size units!

hey hotbeam, how about a few set screws on the inside to secure it without epoxy, just heat grease? From the hot lips to the body. Just an idea.

Elnath: PP received. Thank you. Will get the Hotlips D out to you on Monday. Your request for Hotlips C noted. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

lildave: You could use aluminium foil wrapped around the sides of the Hotlips as per the pic. Use as much foil as you need to make the fit tight and/or removeable, if you want to be able to remove it later. Epoxy is obviously permanent. Also smear some thermal grease along the side of the Hotlips near the lips themselves. Another tip is to lightly sand off the anodising on the rim of the Mag to allow more contact between the lips and the Mag. Everything little bit helps [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Question: when you cut the reflector and put this heatsink in, when you screw the head on all the way is it at the right point to be tightly focused? If not how many turns does it take?

When you screw the head all the way down, it is out of focus. You would then counterclockwise the head back up, probably about 1.5 turn and it will be perfectly focused. This means you can achieve optimal focus with either the HD, LD or SE. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] See pic below.

I found the over-focus quite useful, as the resulting beam is more spread out, with a somewhat wider spot that's better for general area illumination than a tighter beam...

Any word on the HotLips "C"? I think a 2C w/ 3x123 would make a sweet little light (SN?).

Consider this an official PM for at least 1 HotLips C (Config 2!).

Jon

Choua: It is pretty handy being able to "flood" using the Mag reflector [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

StoneDog: Your preorder is noted. Perhaps people will only buy it when it is available, ie produced and ready, rather than place preorders [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif[/img]. I'll give it a couple of weeks first and see what other interests come. Keep in touch on this.

(edited...)

OK, if "C" becomes a reality put me down for one plus 2 of the originals.

Jon

Hotlips-C preorder/ expression of interest is open.

i can use 3 d units and 2 c.
    can paypal and wait till the c are done.

Snakebite,
    Please hold off on the Paypal until the required numbers come in for Hotlips-C. Check the preorder thread for updates.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast