Pelican M6 differences

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there any differences between the silver vs. balck PM6 other than color? Is one "newer" than the other?

I'm not worried about being tactical and I don't really care which color I get as long as it wears well and functions properly.
Black looks good, but I'm afraid it'll show scratches easier.

-Jason

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
No real difference between the two except color, Jason. I will say that the blister packed lights come with the better batteries (Energizers). Most of the boxed lights come with the cheap Tek Cells. I bought a black one, but back when I was a boucer using black Minigags I fell victim to the "set down a black light in a dark room and lose it" syndrome so I tend to go with Natural grey or silver myself now, don't know why I bought black, maybe I just had a brain fart! I love the light though and think all the fuss about the machining and stuff is just that, fuss! The light is a performer and in some respects an outperformer for a 2x123.

TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

snuffy

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
flownosaj said:
Black looks good, but I'm afraid it'll show scratches easier.

-Jason

[/ QUOTE ]
If you have a black one that gets scratched it's easy to touch up. Just use that stuff you use on aluminum firearm frames and receivers. In a pinch a black MagicMarker will do. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
i agree....i got to handle one a while ago, and i found it to be very well made for the money you pay for it. the switch was tactile, and the knurling was very grippy. the reflector had the stochastic finish similar to surefires, and the bezel doesn't suffer from the overly thin bezel walls that some surefires have. the anodizing had a matte black finish, and it looked like the black type III HA on my arc AAA. all in all, a good light for the money /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

tylerdurden

Flashlight Enthusiast
McGizmo reported there is a difference in the two colors. I'm not positive of what it was but I think the silver body has a larger area you can use as an electrical ground. you may have to dig around the mod forum.