Surefire problem

cwestfall

Newly Enlightened
I have a surefire 6p. I tried to turn it on and it would not work when depressing the tailcap nor when I turned it so it would be continuously on. I let it sit for a while then tried again and it worked fine. The batteries are relatively new so I do not think that it the problem. Has anyone here experienced a similar problem or know what could be causing this? Thanks.

SUREFIRED

Enlightened
Try new batteries. The light could have been left on or something like that. If new batteries do not help, try a new bulb.

zven

Enlightened
New batteries would definitely be one thing I would try. Another standard step in troubleshooting is to clean all the contacts. Otherwise, it could be that the tailcap or lamp module (P60? P60L? aftermarket?) is faulty. If you have another light compatible with the 6P, try swapping tailcaps, lamps, etc.

MrSneakyMan

Newly Enlightened
I had a similar problem with my M3. I think it was just the batteries coming to the end if their lives and after resting they were able to put out a bit of light then died. I swapped them out for fresh ones and back to normal.