Side Emitters and NX05 optics.

Wylie

Enlightened
The other night I was goofing around with NX05 optics and my EverLed in my Responder and just setting the optics over the SE seemed to clean up the beam and stopped the feathering out of the beam. Hard to explain but it looks like the beam has a feathering effect on the outside of the hot spot without the optics. Besides this the Mag hole was gone and a very clear spot was left in its place. It still has some focusability as well, hard to tell the way I had to hold it and the lights were on when I did this.
A little late but now that I have posted this I will see if there are any reports on output in this type of configuration.
Any thoughts?

I just tried it again with the lights out and got a cool result. Plenty of side spill but I don't yet know what kind of throw is involved with it. The cool thing is this spill is constant and the spot looks as though it may gain and loose throw when being adjusted. Really different but cool and it may be a good thing if I can figuer out just how to do the mounting inside the reflector. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif