4 Sevens mini 123

Status
Not open for further replies.

007Runner

Banned
Do you think this product will generate a ton of complaints? Such as why does my new light does not work? I am not bashing 4 Sevens, just really wondering if this light will work, and be reliable?

Lets be honest, lately there have been a lot of threads talking about lights from them that failed. I am really looking forward to this light. Just hate to be disappointed like so many others.

This light is only $39 and includes shipping. I hope not too many corners were cut to hit that price point. I rather they charged more if need be just to have a reliable light.

The very small size and 189 lumen's out the front is the reason I want it.
Wonderful customer service does not make up for a crap product. I am hoping for the best on this. However, after so many failures under their belt I am going to wait and see if people are happy before I purchase this light.

PayBack

Enlightened
I've ordered 2 and live in New Zealand, so I hope it's OK. Free shipping loses it's shine if you have to ship it back when you're so far away.

Lets wait and see though aye? Over here you're still innocent until proven guilty ;)

andrewnewman

Enlightened
I too have pre-ordered one and will be sure to post "first impressions" after it arrives and I've put it through it's paces. That said and despite your assertion that you are not bashing 4 Sevens, your post did seem to have an awfully critical tone. No offense but you could just have easily expressed the same core sentiment with something like, "I'm hoping to hear soon from the many folks who have ordered this appealing little flashlight. If it's as good as advertised I many well have to commit my own hard earned $$'s to own one myself. Thanks in advance fellow CPFers for serving as early adopters so that I can be best informed on a future purchase".

balou

Enlightened
Well, I'm very interested in the new 4sevens mini (the AA actually, but shouldn't be a big difference).

Those lubing and dirty thread issues seem to be out of reach of 4sevens - they don't produce the light themselves, they give the specs to a OEM manufacture in (I guess) China. They'd have to either change the processes in the factory (which would raise the price) or alternatively, inspect every light themselves and relube it (which would raise the price even more). Or produce it all by themselves in the USA (but then the Quark mini would cost more like $200 than $40)

But, I'll won't buy it immediately - first of all I don't really have the money, and I guess I'll wait if the Cree XP-G S2 comes out soon.

burntoshine

Enlightened
i'm going to buy a neutral version if they are made (already pre-ordered 2 neutral AA minis). i think they will be even more reliable than the standard quark because they are twisties and do without the common clicky switch.

i wouldn't worry, i have a feeling they'll be just fine. :cool:

Pummy

Newly Enlightened
Give them a chance with the Mini Line and see how things turn out. I have ordered a few and I am on the back order list so the reviews are being watched when they turn up.

Viper715

Enlightened
I disagree with you on your premise of this question. I do not believe that 4sevens has "crap products" nor do I believe they have had "many failures" I have seen the same threads you have and believe that most of the problems that have been experienced are common in many lights. There are always duds when a company makes a light. I believe I have even seen threads on Surefires failures in the past and nitecore and fenix. Just because some have had issues does not mean that the entire product is a failure. I know there are many happy with many products of 4 sevens. I have owned and own many lights. I do not believe that 4sevens produces the highest quality light out there but then again that is not why I have bought many of his products. There are a good product that hits a very nice price point for there performance level. I have yet to have one fail on my in any way. Regardin the threads and lube, everytime that I get a new light I take all the parts apart clean and lube them including all of the surfires that I get. I don't like the nyogel they use and prefer Krytox 50/50. I clean my lights about once a month if they are being heavily used.

So to answer your original question I think that the lights are going to be a fine quality and will not produce very many complaints although I'm sure that there will be a light or two out there that has the inevitable problem. The people that have problems are often the ones that are heard from the most. Happy customers don't talk about how good it is as often as dissapointed customers talk about how "crappy a product is". When you do end up with a product with a problem that IS where GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE makes up for a defective product.

Wonderful customer service does not make up for a crap product. I am hoping for the best on this. However, after so many failures under their belt I am going to wait and see if people are happy before I purchase this light.

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you think this product will generate a ton of complaints? Such as why does my new light does not work? I am not bashing 4 Sevens, just really wondering if this light will work, and be reliable?

Lets be honest, lately there have been a lot of threads talking about lights from them that failed. I am really looking forward to this light. Just hate to be disappointed like so many others.

This light is only $39 and includes shipping. I hope not too many corners were cut to hit that price point. I rather they charged more if need be just to have a reliable light.

You're worried about the quality of this light and you haven't even ordered one yet!? You're asking for peoples opinions on it and no one has even seen one. How bout we wait and see. Give 'em a chance.

I think you're gonna love it! Does that help any? :thumbsup: :D

Edit to Add: While replying I was called away and see several posts were made from the last one I saw. They seem to say the same things as I did. Didn't mean to be redundant.

Last edited:

LightOnAHill

Newly Enlightened
Don't conclude about stuff because of some perceived increased amount of negative posts. It's more common for people to post a thread about a negative aspect than a positive aspect.

How many people haven't started threads that praise the 4sevens light they have? The answer to that question would seem impossible to find, but the very thought that an answer exits should help put your mind to rest.

For what it's worth, I like my Quark AA Tac. So much so I ordered a 123^2, and 2 more AA Tacs (for my dad to put in his flight bag and by his bedside), and 2 AA Minis. I also have a bunch of 14500s now. My limited experience has been 100% positive, but this single post should weigh against one negative post, and make it not worthy of basing an opinion on.

"Fear is the mind killer..." ;)

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
I got bad vibes form the OP myself. If it was crap, would they slap the 10 year guarantee on it? Who keeps a light ten years? By then they will be the size of a tic tac with 1000 lumens for 2 hours. :D

ninjaboigt

Enlightened
uh....theres not much that can go wrong with a twisty light..no clicky buttons, no clip, the only things i can see goign wrong is that the lanyard attachment point is too weak or will thin out in the future and eventually break. second is the threads..but i cant see the light failing...twist on twist off...

If your really having doubts, just wait for reviews, and ask people a couple of yrs later how the light works.

Or buy it, play with it, and ya dont like it, you can always sell it, or return it.

i think most people are nit picking about 4 seven's light's...i bought a brand new 09 honda civic, the thing didnt want to start up a couple of times...and hondas and civics in specfic are known to be reliable cars...but ya know what its still a car, and poop still happens.

Inspgad

Newly Enlightened
When I saw the thread title I thought someone had received the Quark Mini
123 and was going to share his/her impression with the rest of us. IMHO,
the title of this thread is misleading and has a lot of negativity.

I think a better thread title would have been something similar to
"Considering Quark Mini 123 -- Feedback Needed".

FWIW, I love the Quark Tac. AA. It's now my EDC flashlight.

kwkarth

Enlightened

I think you should forget 4Sevens and go buy a bunch of Eagle Tacs.
It would be better for 4Sevens IMHO.

007Runner

Banned
That said and despite your assertion that you are not bashing 4 Sevens, your post did seem to have an awfully critical tone. No offense but you could just have easily expressed the same core sentiment with something like, "I'm hoping to hear soon from the many folks who have ordered this appealing little flashlight. If it's as good as advertised I many well have to commit my own hard earned $$'s to own one myself. Thanks in advance fellow CPFers for serving as early adopters so that I can be best informed on a future purchase".

I agree with you, but I am not good at sugar coating things. I was really under the impression these were cheap lights prone to failure. I want to be wrong on this. I really want this light, hope the reviews do well.

kwkarth

Enlightened
I agree with you, but I am not good at sugar coating things. I was really under the impression these were cheap lights prone to failure. I want to be wrong on this. I really want this light, hope the reviews do well.

Your perception was very, very, very, very faulty. Based upon posts regarding 4Sevens lights, it is difficult to understand how you could have leapt to such an erroneous conclusion.

sabre7

Enlightened

The extreme negative tone toward 4Sevens and his products leads me to believe the OP started this thread to bash, stir up trouble, and hopefully create heated arguments aimed at disparaging a reputable and very well regarded dealer on CPF.

I'm sure 4Sevens would welcome other such "customers" to shop elsewhere and withhold their crappy comments about crap products they don't know crap about.

Status
Not open for further replies.