SureFire 10X Questions

dwminer

Enlightened
Just acquired a 10X at Puyallup Fairgrounds gun show. WOW what a powerful compact package.
Questions:
1.How does one tell the difference between a lexan and Pyrex lenses? Or is there only a lexan lens.
2. One "O" ring or two "O" rings on the body?
3. $300.00 OK price?
4. SN# differences?
Thanks Dave

Size15's

Flashaholic
Get a metal coin and tap the lens.
If it's Pyrex, it'll sound like glass.
If it's Lexan, it'll sound like plastic.

Pyrex Lens is standard now.

The B20 Battery Body comes with one o-ring on it.
If you would like another one, I suggest you call SureFire. The part number is 19-01-094.

$300 is okay I believe.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by SN# differences but mine is A01532 and Pyrex.

Enjoy your 10X!

Regards,

Al

WhiteAsSnow

Newly Enlightened
Al,

I know we've beat this to death in other posts, but I thought the B20 body came with 2 o-rings! Is Surefire supplying a second one for free then?

Size15's

Flashaholic
If the B20 comes with two, it was a change made after I got mine (ages ago when they first switched to Pyrex)

I can't say that SureFire will send you an o-ring for free, but in my personal opinion, to charge you would be a bit tight-arsed (especially since you've just got yourself a 10X and that's showing SureFire some consideration for the delays they've had releasing it, and passing them a whole wad of wonga for it too...). I suppose I suggest you call and ask politely if it's possible to get another o-ring.

Al

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
My x10 came with two however the spare I bought did not. So who knows? I will be e-mailing them to find out.

Tombeis

Enlightened
My two 10X's and a spare B20 came with one O-Ring each.

I switched the O-Rings to a different size to make the head fit a little tighter.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Pyrex lens will be solid glass. If it's lexan it will be plastic & sound like plastic when you scratch it per Size15's instructions.
wink.gif
(just kidding Al
grin.gif
)

$300 is the going "bargain" price, definately a good price from a gun show.

My 10X came with 2 o-rings.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I would buy the pyrex model but every dealer that I've contacted (that has them) said they cannot be sure if its pyrex. Apparently they don't want to break the seal
frown.gif
. I want to use it with the HOLA, does anyone know if I can run the main lamp and secondary HOLA for it's full runtime without damaging the light?

I heard the lexan melts if both lamps are operated for too long.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Surefire M6:
I would buy the pyrex model but every dealer that I've contacted (that has them) said they cannot be sure if its pyrex. Apparently they don't want to break the seal
frown.gif

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Honestly, if you get one and it's lexan, Surefire will swap it out for you.

If they got it recently then it's probably pyrex. I wouldn't worry too much about it. It's very likely you will get a pyrex one. The ones TTS was selling for $289 I'm sure were pyrex because they just got them in.

. I want to use it with the HOLA, does anyone know if I can run the main lamp and secondary HOLA for it's full runtime without damaging the light?

I heard the lexan melts if both lamps are operated for too long.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Well if you have a lexan one it will melt. I use my pyrex version with both lamps all the time (I just can't stop pushing that turbo button!
tongue.gif
) without any problems.

dwminer

Enlightened
Thanks everyone for your help and answers. Ordered extra lamps ( MN30,MN31,MN32)and a battery. Overall very happy with this light. Can't be to long until SureFire comes out with a HID module for it. Dream on!
Dave