Frikkin' AT&T !!!

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Frikkin\' AT&T !!!

Flashlightreviews.com is down while AT&T figures out how to operate a server network again.... Morons.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif

LED Museum is on the same servers, and appears to be mostly up, so Craig's the lucky one today.

Wylie

Enlightened
Re: Frikkin\' AT&T !!!

Fire them! I just dumped SBC and they didn't think I could. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif They charged me for long distance I didn't ask of or use. After two months of phone calls and I lot work on my patience they told me that they could not refund the money. I'm still pissed, seven months of being over charged and they just walked with the money! Needless to say every bill is now looked at very carefully.
This is not good news, my server just merged or sold out to AT&T. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
I'll be down to smoke signals pretty soon if I keep getting ripped off. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

[ QUOTE ]
Quickbeam said:
Flashlightreviews.com is down while AT&T figures out how to operate a server network again.... Morons.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif

LED Museum is on the same servers, and appears to be mostly up, so Craig's the lucky one today.

[/ QUOTE ]
Looks like your site is back up again... AT&T does go down every once in awhile, and it really pisses me off when they take my websites along for the ride. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Seems they go down for a few hours once or twice a year.

NightStorm

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm sure that it has to do with AT&T's transition to Comcast. I hope, that in the long run, we'll all be better off. I've have had nothing but trouble with AT&T. During the transition from ATT@Home to attbi, I was offline for 11 days and spent over 9 hrs. on hold to the help desk! I really wish that was the only issue with that transition, but it wasn't. My download rate immediately dropped from 3 mbs to 1.5 mbs and AT&T started charging $4/month more for their services! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif Well, that's water under the bridge. Here's to a better future, I hope.

Dan

MichiganMan

Enlightened

PercaDan, I experienced a similar bandwidth whiplash when Charter took over my connection for the failing @home. Turns out that while @home was charging us for a 1.5 mbs connection, there really was very little or no actual upper speed limit control meaning that most of us were often cruising well over 3.00 mbs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif As you no doubt saw, the difference when we started getting what we had been paying for was painfully noticeable. sigh, but it was cool while it lasted wasn't it?

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,

Attbi was just fine until they sold out to Comcast. They upped my cable internet from $44 to $56/mo immediately, and have yet to divulge what they are going to do with our websites! grrrrrrrrrrrr

Larry

NightStorm

Flashlight Enthusiast

MM,

Actually, AT&T advertised a 3Mbs download rate with a 256Kbs upload cap. In my experience, it was that upload cap that wasn't in place because people would download from me at over 3Mbs!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif @Home rocked!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif To bad AT&T couldn't strike a better deal with Excite. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif How sweeeet it was! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dan