Best LED to replace Surefire Dominator

tonkem

Enlightened
Looking for a good LED (small flashlight) to replace my surefire dominator rechargeable light. I have several surefire flashlights, and have not tried any other manufacturer, hence the reason for my post. I have seen several LEDs that use single LED like the p7 or ss something or another, but would like a decent runtime and have a 2nd level low beam, in addition to the 500 or over lumen beam with at least 1 hr or more run time on high beam. The light that appears to fit the bill, as far as my research has led me, is the Microfire TL3 that puts out 500 lumens on high for 1 hr, and 100 luments for 20 hours. Also, my other criteria is to have a cr123 light, not a rechargeable light, as I want to be rid of rechargeable lights, only relying on cr123 lights.

Any beamshots of the Microfire mentioned above or recommendations with beam shots and specs and links would be much appreciated. Money is not much of an issue, but I would like to keep the light under $700, unless it is well worth spending more. The most I have spent is on my dominator at $400.

I currently own: surefires, U2, E2L, e1L, e2d with LED Head, e2e with LED head, and Lx2.

Thanks again for your information, and if I have missed some information let me know, as this is my first post :)

Also, the light would need excellent regulation, as I have come to be used to and expect this from my surefires :)

Tony

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking for a good LED (small flashlight) to replace my surefire dominator rechargeable light. I have several surefire flashlights, and have not tried any other manufacturer, hence the reason for my post. I have seen several LEDs that use single LED like the p7 or ss something or another, but would like a decent runtime and have a 2nd level low beam, in addition to the 500 or over lumen beam with at least 1 hr or more run time on high beam. The light that appears to fit the bill, as far as my research has led me, is the Microfire TL3 that puts out 500 lumens on high for 1 hr, and 100 luments for 20 hours. Also, my other criteria is to have a cr123 light, not a rechargeable light, as I want to be rid of rechargeable lights, only relying on cr123 lights.

Any beamshots of the Microfire mentioned above or recommendations with beam shots and specs and links would be much appreciated. Money is not much of an issue, but I would like to keep the light under $700, unless it is well worth spending more. The most I have spent is on my dominator at $400.

I currently own: surefires, U2, E2L, e1L, e2d with LED Head, e2e with LED head, and Lx2.

Thanks again for your information, and if I have missed some information let me know, as this is my first post :)

Also, the light would need excellent regulation, as I have come to be used to and expect this from my surefires :)

Tony
JetBeam M1X fits the bill, and it is the closest you'll get to the legendary SureFire's quality from an Asian manufacturer. Don't bother with other lesser/cheaper brands if you are used to SureFire. JetBeam is the only way to go. Get the M1X while you wait for the M3TL (like I did).

Cheers.

tonkem

Enlightened
JetBeam M1X fits the bill, and it is the closest you'll get to the legendary SureFire's quality from an Asian manufacturer. Don't bother with other lesser/cheaper brands if you are used to SureFire. JetBeam is the only way to go. Get the M1X while you wait for the M3TL (like I did).

Cheers.

Thanks for the reply and suggestion. That light does fit the bill. Just ordered one, and very reasonable price :)

Tony

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I hope you like it!

Had a decently long post with quite a few lights and reviews on it for you, but when I hit post quick reply, database error came up and i lost the post.

The Jetbeam is probably the best choice for you.

:welcome:

tonkem

Enlightened
I hope you like it!

Had a decently long post with quite a few lights and reviews on it for you, but when I hit post quick reply, database error came up and i lost the post.

The Jetbeam is probably the best choice for you.

:welcome:

Got the Jetbeam, and really am impressed with it. I have also on order a Polarion Ph40 HID. I am interested to see how impressive this light is. The M1X is a great long run time light, using the rechargeable lithium AW batteries.

Thanks for the suggestions :)

Tony

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hope you ordered the V4 warm tint version. The performance outdoors would be significantly better than previous versions of the M1X.